Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't underestimate how difficult it is coming back after 4 months out with a bad injury so to perform as he did was an exceptional feat, can't wait to see how he will play with Silva it looks to good to be true

Great player, a pep player with footballing brain. Moves, passes reads the game. What a player yo have

Very clever player and I hope he has an injury free season. He could well turn into our new Lampard.

I remember reading a Four Four Two on holiday a few years back that focussed on Klopp's Dortmund side after they'd won their first title. Despite the number of great players in there: Hummels, Göetze, Reus, Lewandowski, Sahin, Kagawa, Blaszczykowski, Piszczek etc. (What a line up they had there!!!) - something always seemed to point at how key Gundogan was in making that side tick. They suffered when he was recovering from his back op but picked up again as soon as he was back and didn't suffer too much despite losing some of those players. I was pleased as punch when he signed and can see him being used both deep and advanced until he replaces Fernandinho permanently (age will catch up with him in a year or two). He just makes everything look easy and does the simple things exceptionally well.
Dortmund made some excellent signings again this summer though, as well as the emergence of players like Weigl, so I can see how we got him what with his contract situation, but I'm also surprised if it was indeed true that Joe Hart had no interest in going there.

Wonderful debut considering he was out for 4 months - this is basically his preseason game. And yet if you see the ragcafe, their excuses for Pogba not performing is because he didn't get a proper preseason.

He is a much better footballer than Lampard as you will see in the coming months.
I would have thought this to be spot on.

Lampard, imo,made the absolute best of fairly limited natural talent and learned ,almost Martin Peters like ,to ghost into the box unmarked to add goals to a fairly decent package of central midfield play..no slight upon Lampard..just not a naturally gifted player as Gundogan appears to be....our new signing appears to be the heartbeat of a side with the capacity to take,even a wonderfully talented team like our own,onto a completely different level.
It appears to me that every other central midfield player at City over the next few seasons is going to have to play at an incredibly high level to earn the right to play either alongside or in place of Gundogan...that in itself is a mouth watering prospect for all City fans.
Lampard,is streets ahead in the goal scoring department.

Lad just needs a song now, found a tune from 1930's Australia that would sound great shouted by 40,000 at every home game, excuse the NSFW lyrics on the original but I think this could work with new lyrics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.