Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never seen him play before, but wow. What a talent, looked at home straight away and you couldn't tell he'd been injured since before the summer. MoTM for me if Sergio hadn't scored a HT

Not as good as misshitaryan over at the swamp. We bought the wrong player from the Bundesliga, I read somewhere. Should have spent the extra money on Henrikh!!

Whilst im at it, Sane looks like a poor mans jizjaz januzai to me. It's all well and good doing dummy's and making passes that result in goals, but until he runs past lots of players doing uneccessary step overs and giving the ball away, he can never consider himself the greatest potential player certain reporters have ever seen.

Don't even get me started on Stones...

Dreading when Jesus turns up...people at the club clearly don't know what they're doing.

As good as Silva is, if we want balance, he may be the one to sit out instead of Bruyne for big games.

Why?

Because BOTH Gundogan and De Bruyne are two-footed, our play has the potential to be more spontaneous and dynamic than with Silva.

If anyone thought Kevin was two-footed, Gundogan is even better at using his weak foot (passing and dribbling-wise).

I never thought I'd say this as I think Silva is our best player by some distance.

I hadn't really thought about the two footedness of KDB/Gundo, it's a really good point.

Gundo in particular, like you say the way he uses his weaker foot it's hard to tell which of his feet is the weaker one!

Been saying it since he signed. Has potential to be best player this season.

A great signing & will only get better.

Never really watched him before like some, he looks really quick off the mark covering ground and getting to second balls etc, class on the ball. We could potentially see a diamond formation with the full backs giving the width if Pep choses to fit them all in. Gives us a good option if the wingers aren't working.

........F'dino.........
....Silva.....Gundogan
.........KDB..........
....Sergio....Nacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.