Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not as good as misshitaryan over at the swamp. We bought the wrong player from the Bundesliga, I read somewhere. Should have spent the extra money on Henrikh!!

Whilst im at it, Sane looks like a poor mans jizjaz januzai to me. It's all well and good doing dummy's and making passes that result in goals, but until he runs past lots of players doing uneccessary step overs and giving the ball away, he can never consider himself the greatest potential player certain reporters have ever seen.

Don't even get me started on Stones...

Dreading when Jesus turns up...people at the club clearly don't know what they're doing.

Micky over there at the swamp is a wonder bag. Yes, he was the best Dortmund player last season even if he is somebody that is better against small teams than in the bigger matches - but he for sure only works when packed in cotton wool and has a big mentality problem. I expect him to be the next guy that returns to Dortmund.

Gündogan's only big problem is his injury record. Else I see him a little like Thiago at Bayern - they are similar with the positions they can play in, too. Both have a lot of potential to be that world class midfielder but due to injuries could only show glimpses of it.

About playing Silva, Gündogan and KdB together. Against small opponents Pep could play them together as a midfield three - but he might often use KdB on the wing, too. I do not think Guardiola will have that wing focus at City like he had it in Munich - there he had 2 strikerlike players that were able to convert high crosses, too.

Could and should have had at least 2 goals under his belt if it wasn't for some very good goalkeeping can not wait till he is fully fit.

I hadn't really thought about the two footedness of KDB/Gundo, it's a really good point.

Gundo in particular, like you say the way he uses his weaker foot it's hard to tell which of his feet is the weaker one!

Mate with me last night asked whether he was right or left footed, always take that as a compliment to the player.

Told him both......

Thought it was a solid debut, looked of the pace first 10 or so but after that did really well, unlucky not to be on the score sheet also.

Top class player. If he stays healthy I see no reason why he shouldn't become one of the world's best CM and a bona fide starter here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.