Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gündogan to Kicker: "When I arrive by car at the training centre, I'm always impressed. Even Bayern's can't compare, this is much larger."

Take that Bayern

Bayern knows that. Rummenigge has told that before, too. You got a pretty new very modern trainingscentre whereas Bayern is on the same training grounds inside the City since 1949 - and the growth of it was always limited by its size even if they have modernized a lot of it through the decades. Bayern now is building a new youth centre near the Allianz Arena that will be finished end of this or the next season and then they probably will modernize Säbener Straße again.

What formation did Gunda play at dortmund when he was at his best under klopp .. i mean what was the formation .. did he have a ball winning mid alongside to cover for him . just curious to know how good is this guy defensively and whether dortmund used to provide him a def cover by placing a ball winning mid next to him

What formation did Gunda play at dortmund when he was at his best under klopp .. i mean what was the formation .. did he have a ball winning mid alongside to cover for him . just curious to know how good is this guy defensively and whether dortmund used to provide him a def cover by placing a ball winning mid next to him

He usually played next to Sven Bender under Klopp who is a ball winning defensive midfielder, and next to Julian Weigl under Tuchel who's more of a Busquets type.

Pep has him playing a much more attacking role for us than he did for Dortmund though.

He has never been the main defensive midfielder in a team, but he's hardworking, reads the game brilliantly and can put in tackles so I wouldn't bet against him doing well in that role if needed.

I think we would have been in a much better place with a fit Ilaky in the side in place of Aguero today (who was well off his standard), with KDB playing a false 9. It sounds crazy—and may very well be—but I think it is true.

Unfortunately, though, he was too tired, and his absence illustrates the problems we have playing Pep's system without Ilkay partnering Fernandinho.

I think we would have been in a much better place with a fit Ilaky in the side in place of Aguero today (who was well off his standard), with KDB playing a false 9. It sounds crazy—and may very well be—but I think it is true.

Unfortunately, though, he was too tired, and his absence illustrates the problems we have playing Pep's system without Ilkay partnering Fernandinho.

We won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.