Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won and the rest won't do him any harm.
Not saying it wasn't the sensible thing to under the circumstances, I am just saying we would have been better off with him in the side and that squad depth is still a challenge for Pep.

Not saying it wasn't the sensible thing to under the citcumstances, I am just saying we would have been better off with him in the side and that squad depth is still a challenge for Pep.
There's no way of knowing that though is there? We got the 3 points, not the greatest performance but still 3 points. It's quite possible ilkay plays and we draw or lose. I'm just happy with the 3 points and certain players who played 2 tough games fir their country got a rest.

There's no way of knowing that though is there? We got the 3 points, not the greatest performance but still 3 points. It's quite possible ilkay plays and we draw or lose. I'm just happy with the 3 points and certain players who played 2 tough games fir their country got a rest.
Of course, there is no way to know now. I would say in response, though, that we'll have to see how the dynamics of this match played out on Fernandinho. He is an immense machine—and was very good today—but he is human and the job required off him because of the team selection (and so many minutes with Brazil) may take its toll.

Of course, there is no way to know now. I would say in response, though, that we'll have to see how the dynamics of this match played out on Fernandinho. He is an immense machine—and was very good today—but he is human and the job required off him because of the team selection (and so many minutes with Brazil) may take its toll.
Totally agree, at some point he needs a rest. He is so integral to the team though, it's harder to see fern being rested than ilkay. Could do with it though.

Great player but he hugs the ball waaaay too much. Killed a couple of attacking moves yesterday. Sane caught moses sleeping a couple of times yesterday but Gundo wouldnt give the pass quickly. Almost put Stones in an awkward situation with a terrible back pass. He should play his STYLE (a lot similar to Lampard) and stop with the obsession of being a xavi type midfielder.

Quiet and didn't have an effect on the game. Disappointed in him yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.