Ilkay Gundogan - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogan at age 25 should be a player we build our midfield around. People forget he had a major injury, and is playing in a new league in new surroundings both culturally and professionally. He will get better and better and you will see more of the Barcelona performances from him. At the moment the entire team is scratching around trying to get into the rhythm Pep wants. Once we hit our straps you will see him at his best. After 14 games people are too quick to judge certain players - understandable to be critical for those players approaching 200 games for us, but a few posters on here need to try and be patient, Gundogan is a quality player, same goes for Sane.

He is doing ok.

Not doing well enough for us to say he won't be replaced by better in the coming years, but well enough for us to think he could become the player we want. Cetainly a top player though, so a great signing whatever.

But if we cloned Fernandinho, we'd win everything imo.

We can improve on what Gundogan is currently producing on a typical matchday. But maybe he can do that himself.

He is doing ok.

Not doing well enough for us to say he won't be replaced by better in the coming years, but well enough for us to think he could become the player we want. Cetainly a top player though, so a great signing whatever.

But if we cloned Fernandinho, we'd win everything imo.

We can improve on what Gundogan is currently producing on a typical matchday. But maybe he can do that himself.

I think he's evidently got a lot of quality but he's not shown as much as I'd hope thus far. I remember him terrorising us when playing for Dortmund.

I think the system at the moment isn't getting the best out of him.

I think he's evidently got a lot of quality but he's not shown as much as I'd hope thus far. I remember him terrorising us when playing for Dortmund.

I think the system at the moment isn't getting the best out of him.

I don't see that we have played one system, we are learning a lot of different ones imo.

He has done ok for me in most systems but only been really excellent a couple of times & been poorish a couple of times.

I don't see that we have played one system, we are learning a lot of different ones imo.

He has done ok for me in most systems but only been really excellent a couple of times & been poorish a couple of times.

The biggest issue is spacing for me. We've got so many players in such a small pocket of space that it cramps us massively. Saturday was again a prime example, when Gundogan had the ball he had six players around him, so rather than being able to slice teams open, he was playing square five yard passes.

Yeah we were shocking against Barcelona at the Etihad, and this fraud couldn't even score a fucking hattrick!

I know he was outstanding against Barcelona, but as a team the best run we had was at the beginning with straight wins were without Gundogan.

The biggest issue is spacing for me. We've got so many players in such a small pocket of space that it cramps us massively. Saturday was again a prime example, when Gundogan had the ball he had six players around him, so rather than being able to slice teams open, he was playing square five yard passes.

He was often in tight situations for Dortmund though & got out of it.

The Prem is more difficult, whatever Pep says (he knows really).

I know he was outstanding against Barcelona, but as a team the best run we had was at the beginning with straight wins were without Gundogan.
Remember Pellegrinis' PL start last season? The exact same applied to us when KdB came here and replaced Navas in our starting eleven. This doesn't mean that Navas is better than Kevin.

Neither it means that you shouldn't play your most talented players if you're given the chance, and you can be sure that this is Pep's policy too. Simply put, our ceiling is much higher with him in the team because of his quality, and it's now up to Pep to find a system where are best players (Silva, KdB, Gundogan, Dinho) can flourish. There is no way he will compromise the involvement of these players.

He's doing just fine for me. Think people have to remember that prior to joining us, he was injured pretty badly so he won't still won't be 110% fighting on all cylinders yet.

There have been games like the Barca and West Brom games where he's looked the heart of our midfield.

However there were games like weekend where you forgot he was even on the pitch!

I've no doubt he'll become consistently good though as the season progresses.

New country, new surroundings and way of living, new club, new squad that themselves need to get used to a new manager, new league, and back from injury that took very long ... So far he's doing better than any other player in his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.