Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing Silva brings is control.

It was a fun game last night, but we were quite open and was end to end at times. With Silva on that kind of game just doesn't seem to happen, we don't play those end to end games because once we get the ball, we keep it.

I agree fully but also he brings his special vision to game also :)

The difference between the two for me is that Ilkay knows where the back of the net is.

What a wondrous time to be alive...

In theory I hear you but Silva currently has more goals and more assists in the prem so far, probably played way more minutes.

But also I stumbled across this stat in the all time section for us.

Silva has won 161 games as a City player next nearest outside player is YaYa on 146, that shows you the difference he makes to us.

https://www.premierleague.com/clubs/11/Manchester-City/stats

I watched him and his late run reminds me of a Frank lampard the way he arrives late or ghost off defenders.

As others have said...
A goal scoring midfielder, adept on the ball, but a bit behind the best (D. Silva) in that category.

Hopefully Gundogan's injuries are behind him - when fit, he's a huge asset to our squad.

Could do with him taking charge occasionally...not a player you want by your side when the chips are down.

I rate him but have been surprised at how greedy he is at times. Ball hogger

His decision making is some of the worst I have ever seen from a so-called top class footballer. Shoots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot. I know some on here, have gotten very excited about him in recent weeks but I just don't see it. An average footballer, playing in an exceptional team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.