Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a great performance from Gundo, but to be honest we didn't quite function as a team.

His decision making is some of the worst I have ever seen from a so-called top class footballer. Shoots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot. I know some on here, have gotten very excited about him in recent weeks but I just don't see it. An average footballer, playing in an exceptional team.
You mean like Sergio did when Ilkay was free as a bird with an open goal in front of him - He played fine tonight on a difficult surface - to call him average is an opinion at odds with two of the best managers in the world. Onward and upward to Sunday.

You mean like Sergio did when Ilkay was free as a bird with an open goal in front of him - He played fine tonight on a difficult surface - to call him average is an opinion at odds with two of the best managers in the world. Onward and upward to Sunday.
Spot on.

Sergio has almost 200 goals for the club and is one of our best ever players. He might be coming towards the end of his time with us but when he walks away nobody will ever be able to question his contribution to Manchester City. When Gundogan leaves, he will do so with some winners medals and a pat on the back but nobody will ever talk about him as being instrumental in our success. He is a decent squad player, who will chip in with a few goals but ultimately he is a least one or two steps below the quality of Silva and KDB.

A fantastic footballer but doesn't dominate a game, and last night was largely anonymous second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.