Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When pep was saying he was unhappy with the teams last pass finishing etc, I suspect he was referring to the first half and the first 15 mins of the second half. You don't take Delph, aguero and Silva off at different times with 30 mins to go, if your hell bent on pushing for more goals. They could and should have scored more goals but that does not negate the fact that Pep did effectively take the teams foot of the gas with his substitutions. Further Fulham were sitting that deep that for large parts of the last 20 or 30 mins, City were playing tippy tappy 10-15 yards up from the centre circle trying to entice Fulham out. This is why mahrez was coming inside a lot trying to pull their right back who was deep inside, to create space for fern who went right back/ right wing back when walker went over to the left. Fulham not wanting a battering did not bite and would not come out. Therefore Gundogan, and Bernardo managed/ controlled out the game, effectively taking the teams foot of the gas.

Interesting theory but bollocks.

Gundogan & Mahrez were poor.

I expect Mahrez will improve 100%. If he is still the same in two years, he will be Gundogan.

I still hope Gundogan will become consitently excellent, but seeing as German Jack Wilshire is good enough for some of you, then he's on a winner.

If he doesn't improve he will be replaced, as he would have been already if Jorginho had signed. (I prefer Gundogan btw).

Sorry but this is a load of bollocks. You have this weird infatuation with Foden yet you're under-appreciative of a World Cup winner who's been good enough for both a Pep and Klopp side which has won their league.

Gundogan was streets ahead of Foden at a respective age, and if Foden becomes half as good a player as Gundogan then we've got ourselves a gem.

Gundogan isn’t a World Cup winner, and he played 1 game for Nuremberg in the German second division when he was 18 so how the hell can you claim he was streets ahead of Foden at the same age?

Because if people did understand that, & still thought Gundogan has been an average player for City, it would require thought, rather than a succesion of the continental version of Fat Sam style football clichés.
You've learnt nothing. Read the article again.

Interesting theory but bollocks.

Gundogan & Mahrez were poor.

I expect Mahrez will improve 100%. If he is still the same in two years, he will be Gundogan.

I still hope Gundogan will become consitently excellent, but seeing as German Jack Wilshire is good enough for some of you, then he's on a winner.

If he doesn't improve he will be replaced, as he would have been already if Jorginho had signed. (I prefer Gundogan btw).
Read.

Pretty much everybody below about 6th in the Prem, all the leagues below & 90% of teams aound the world.

I think he's fucking shite.
He is not shit though. Hes limited. Bit like asking John Terry to play as a number 10. However, many games I suspect where his role is clearly defined pressing, defending, covering hes excellent. Asking him to play the Pirlo role, not so much.
This takes us back to Gundogan, he aint in the team to play like Henderson when he concentrates on his strengths.
He is in the team to play a completely different role which his contribution to a record league championship points total last season suggests he is very good at carrying out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.