Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When pep was saying he was unhappy with the teams last pass finishing etc, I suspect he was referring to the first half and the first 15 mins of the second half. You don't take Delph, aguero and Silva off at different times with 30 mins to go, if your hell bent on pushing for more goals. They could and should have scored more goals but that does not negate the fact that Pep did effectively take the teams foot of the gas with his substitutions. Further Fulham were sitting that deep that for large parts of the last 20 or 30 mins, City were playing tippy tappy 10-15 yards up from the centre circle trying to entice Fulham out. This is why mahrez was coming inside a lot trying to pull their right back who was deep inside, to create space for fern who went right back/ right wing back when walker went over to the left. Fulham not wanting a battering did not bite and would not come out. Therefore Gundogan, and Bernardo managed/ controlled out the game, effectively taking the teams foot of the gas.
I've not been following this thread particularly, but I thought we played pretty well, in the first half and start of the second.

I don't think any of the substitutes enhanced their prospects of getting in the starting team. After the substitutions, we seemed to largely lose our tempo and were playing more sideways and backwards passes. The stadium atmosphere went pretty flat and quiet. We should have put them to the sword in the second half.

I've not been following this thread particularly, but I thought we played pretty well, in the first half and start of the second.

I don't think any of the substitutes enhanced their prospects of getting in the starting team. After the substitutions, we seemed to largely lose our tempo and were playing more sideways and backwards passes. The stadium atmosphere went pretty flat and quiet. We should have put them to the sword in the second half.

It was onviously like this & every single person I spoke to after the game, saw it that way. One quote was "l was looking at my watch".

Pep maybe plans to start Gundogan on Wed so was keeping him moving. Maybe Gundogan himself was just going through the motions with that in mind. But whatever, it ruined City on the day & ruined the atmosphere.

Pellegrinish.

He is not shit though. Hes limited. Bit like asking John Terry to play as a number 10. However, many games I suspect where his role is clearly defined pressing, defending, covering hes excellent. Asking him to play the Pirlo role, not so much.
This takes us back to Gundogan, he aint in the team to play like Henderson when he concentrates on his strengths.
He is in the team to play a completely different role which his contribution to a record league championship points total last season suggests he is very good at carrying out.

Tbf if you don't think Henderson is shit, I can see why you are so impressed with Gundogan's typical performance as he's on another planet compared to Henderson..

As is Jack Wilshire. And Jonjo Shelvey.

I'm being honest.

Unlike half the people in this thread.
That would make sense. I think everyone in the thread would argue that the views they give are simply honest opinions. The issue I have with what your saying is that I struggle to see what's underpinning your point of view. Statements are thrown out without much information underpinning them. But if it's you just being honest. Ok

That would make sense. I think everyone in the thread would argue that the views they give are simply honest opinions. The issue I have with what your saying is that I struggle to see what's underpinning your point of view. Statements are thrown out without much information underpinning them. But if it's you just being honest. Ok
Lol.

So so poor again - we looked twice the team once Sane came on. He's the player I dread to see on the team sheet - honestly haven't felt like this in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.