Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should of taken a yellow card on the edge of their box for the first goal,

He’s too gutless to make any tackles so wouldn’t of been in any danger of getting another one

Just don’t know what he brings to the side,he slows everything down

TBH, there's only 1 single player who doesn't slow everything down: Kev.
And we all know players act under instructions by Pep and have no freedom of decision, only in the final third.

Illy had a poor match today by his standards.
The penalty was a nightmare.

Should of taken a yellow card on the edge of their box for the first goal,

He’s too gutless to make any tackles so wouldn’t of been in any danger of getting another one
Go ahead, guess who led the team in tackles today.

I dare you to take a wild guess. :)

Gundogan and Rodri in midfield together is just a waste of fucking time.
I thought Rodri was poor Today, but their partnership wasn't that particularly problematic.

Gundogan should have fucking scored his penalty, Aguero should have score the last minute chance, and Raz should have scored 1 and taken a fucking shot on another rather than pulling a Dave.

We just sucked in the final 3rd. Oh Kev also should have hit the fucking target. Scoring is a problem. And was the problem today.

The less creative midfield wasn't that bad. Sure I'd prefer Gaby or Foden to Raz and Bernado to one of Rodri or Gundogan. But the issue was still scoring in the end. And we sucked at it.

Defending is also an issue. And this can't be just due to Laporte.

Ederson, Dihno, Walker, Ota' and whoever is Leftback are just giving up too many goals off so few chances. It's embarrassing. The last place of worries is midfield. As we are creating enough and conceding few chances. We are just not scoring enough and letting in the few chances we concede.

Lost our rhythm of play down too much tinkering with selection IMO, manifested today in ZInchenko's headless chicken performance, trying too hard.

I thought Rodri was poor Today, but their partnership wasn't that particularly problematic.

Gundogan should have fucking scored his penalty, Aguero should have score the last minute chance, and Raz should have scored 1 and taken a fucking shot on another rather than pulling a Dave.

We just sucked in the final 3rd. Oh Kev also should have hit the fucking target. Scoring is a problem. And was the problem today.

The less creative midfield wasn't that bad. Sure I'd prefer Gaby or Foden to Raz and Bernado to one of Rodri or Gundogan. But the issue was still scoring in the end. And we sucked at it.

Defending is also an issue. And this can't be just due to Laporte.

Ederson, Dihno, Walker, Ota' and whoever is Leftback are just giving up too many goals off so few chances. It's embarrassing. The last place of worries is midfield. As we are creating enough and conceding few chances. We are just not scoring enough and letting in the few chances we concede.

It is extremely problematic because we introduce 2 midfielders into a midfield 3 that are a mixed bag. When it was a Fern, KDB and Silva midfield it was easy to watch them and know what each of them brought to the midfield. We had far and away the best midfield in the country.

I am not convinced what Rodri excels at. He is fine when the ball is in and around his space (basically a 5 yard circle around him) but off the ball, not so much. He adds next to nothing to our attacks and lets face it, he is hardly ripping it up defensively.

Throw Gundogan in as well, you pretty much lose any ideas of pressing from the 8s and again he is not an attacking midfielder, or a defensive one. He is a 6 in this side, recycling possession and that is it.

If we are going to have 2 out of 3 midfielders that don’t particularly excel at either attacking or defending, we would be better off going down the scouse route of putting legs in there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.