Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was really good today. Really good. The tandem of Rodri and Gundogan is working much better than Fernandinho-Gundogan ever did and today they rotated who was the #6 and who pushed up, they were a complete wall in front of the defence, just mopping up every time the ball left the Dinamo half and getting it back to the forwards quickly.

He was really good today. Really good. The tandem of Rodri and Gundogan is working much better than Fernandinho-Gundogan ever did and today they rotated who was the #6 and who pushed up, they were a complete wall in front of the defence, just mopping up every time the ball left the Dinamo half and getting it back to the forwards quickly.

yep, they broke any of their attempts to counter attack.

I got home at the start of the second half and thought he was really effective playing deeper than he usually does. I haven't had a chance to watch the highlights yet but I'm curious as to what/where Gundogan was situated and doing during the buildup to Rodri's beautiful preassist.

I think that role could be the sweet spot for his skills. It frees up Rodri to get further forward than Fernandinho usually did which is a nice improvement on the attack.

Definitely the best I've seen the David Silva/Gundo midfield work today. Looked sharp, pressed well, and I'm really interested to see more of the swapping he did with Rodri in the second half, adds a little something new.

PEP @IlkayGuendogan, you cannot believe how good he is. He is an exceptional player. He plays different positions and his work ethic. I missed him a lot in first year when he was out for six months. He's one of best signings in this Club's history.

Hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.