Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by David 'El Mago' Silva, 12 Jul 2019.

1. Mattyc55

Mattyc55

Much better playing as the 6. Drifted a bit in the second half but he was excellent in the first.

Tugay One Cup and ADegenerate like this.
  2. Trojan1962

Trojan1962

Thought he had a decent game today and didn’t disappear

3. grim up north

grim up north

Excellent today

4. OrigamiNinja

OrigamiNinja

Thought he was decent, apart from the last 5 mins where he got very sloppy.

5. ADegenerate

ADegenerate

I'm much more content when he starts at 6. I thought he did very well today. The first half was obviously much better. I find it ironic he's much more willing to create chances playing as a 6 rather than an 8 but I love the threat forward he brings when he starts as a 6.

6. SebastianBlue

SebastianBlue

I appreciated most of what he did today, but that series of loose passes that put us under pressure is difficult to overlook — one of them could have easily lead to Palace’s opener if not for Eddie continually showing he is one of the best keepers in the world.

David and Dinho both had a few, as well, mind, though that’s not an excuse for Ilkay.

I am sure Pep and staff will take a more balanced approach than many on here and rightly praise his best contributions, whilst also pointing out those lapses to ensure improvement moving forward.

7. cleavers

cleavers

I agree, he did a very good job, but his problem is the inconsistency in his game, and its very frustrating, I was annoyed he was playing given the other issues the starting 11 had, but he played very well.

8. Mike D

Mike D

Pep sticks with him and so easy to see why a rolls Royce of a player. We got him for a steal I can't believe we got him and so cheap.

9. Manchester_lalala

Manchester_lalala

Quality in the 6 position. Big fan of his but I can even admit he’s our least effective player when played a bit further up.

wattle likes this.
  10. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Thought it was a mistake to start him today , but as usual he makes people eat their words , our best midfielder and kept Palace under pressure in the first half with his continued probing and movement , he will never get the recognition he deserves on this forum , but he is an important member of our squad and a quality footballer

wattle likes this.