Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He probably would point that out and being least bad is always a glowing reference for any player.
Yeah but given how truly awful he is as a footballer, League 2 standard if that, it's a complete embarrassment that anyone on our team could have been worse than him. That should be where the ire is.

For their goal Gundogan is the closest player to track the run. He makes zero effort to do so and jogs back and then watches the free header. There is no way on gods earth Fern would have allowed that had he been in his usual position. You can blame the centre backs but the run came from deep and should have been tracked by a midfielder.

Who would and should replace him in that role? Move Ferna up into that position then its Ottamendi and Stones as the centre backs. Not too sure many would want that. Gundogan was class in the run in last game knowing 1 mistake could of cost us the title. He plays better in the bigger games for us a big time player when he starts. The midfield picks itself. I am guessing it will be KDB , Gundogan and Bernardo. Putting Phil in there ahead of the 3 already there might be a bit too soon for him. Saying that he may well start ahead of Mahrez.

This is an utterly bizarre argument when professional analysts of the game are almost unanimous in their praise of Gundogan's recent performances. He is nominated for Etihad, ESPN and EA Sports' Premier League Player of the Month awards yet some people act as if he is a Championship level player. I have never understood this aspect of our fanbase.

When there's a perceived attitude problem I understand but Gundogan has shown exemplary professionalism since joining.

I think most of this is just hot air from someone stubborn doubling down each time someone else challenges their opinion. More of a question of pride and one-upmanship than someone wholeheartedly believing what they say, in my opinion.

You think me misreading what year your stats was from is the same as you making a false statement? Good grief.

Like I said, whenever you are ready. Let's here what big games Gundogan is known to suck at.

It's been weeks and we are still waiting.

*crickets*

Awful tonight, gutless display. If we're to have a chance at Klanfield keep him away please Pep.

For their goal Gundogan is the closest player to track the run. He makes zero effort to do so and jogs back and then watches the free header. There is no way on gods earth Fern would have allowed that had he been in his usual position. You can blame the centre backs but the run came from deep and should have been tracked by a midfielder.

He does it all the time. Great on the ball but poor at tracking runners.

Dinho,trust john and nico
Its a bad idea to play otta against the dippers their attack is way to quick for him and hes to rash nowadays. Even fern wont be able to save him only way it could work is if he had laporte next to him and fern in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.