Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been playing well of late, but was poor last night. I hope he does n't play on Sunday, Dippers intense press and pace will be too much for Gundo.

Spot on. He has been superb but had a poor game.

Sorry to disrupt your echo chamber here fellas, thought I'd bring some facts to the table instead.

Fernandinho v Gundogan - 2018/19 Premier League numbers (per 90 mins):

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/player-comparison

Attack:

Goals: Fernandinho 0.038, Gundogan 0.25
Assists: Fernandinho 0.11, Gundogan 0.13
Shots: Fernandinho 1.13, Gundogan 1.81
Shooting accuracy: Fernandinho 29.17%, Gundogan 39.29%
Shooting success: Fernandinho 3.33%, Gundogan 13.95%
Big chances created: Fernandinho 0.15, Gundogan 0.25

Passing

Passes: Fernandinho 77.50, Gundogan 84.06
Pass completion: Fernandinho 87.46%, Gundogan 90.82%
Passes forward: Fernandinho 22.04, Gundogan 17.11
Passes backwards: Fernandinho 9.3, Gundogan 15.22
Through balls: Fernandinho 0.49, Gundogan 0.72
Dispossessed: Fernandinho 0.49, Gundogan 0.63

Defending

Blocks: Fernandinho 0.15, Gundogan 0.13
Interceptions: Fernandinho 1.55, Gundogan 1.18
Tackles: Fernandinho 2.16, Gundogan 0.80
Tackles won: Fernandinho 1.63, Gundogan 0.51
Clearances: Fernandinho 2.61, Gundogan 0.76
Headed clearances: Fernandinho 1.78, Gundogan 0.38
Aerial battles won: Fernandinho 2.91, Gundogan 1.09
Goals conceded: Fernandinho 0.57, Gundogan 0.63
Distance run: Fernandinho 10.69km, Gundogan 11.31km

Discipline

Fouls: Fernandinho 1.51, Gundogan 0.55
Yellow cards: Fernandinho 0.19, Gundogan 0.13

Summary:

• Gundogan takes more shots, with greater accuracy and scores more. The difference in assists and chances created is small/negligible, in Gundogan's favour
  • Gundogan passes more at higher accuracy, however is a much safer passer than Fernandinho who passes a lot more for forwards than Gundogan and a lot less backwards
  • Almost every single defensive metric is in Fernandinho's favour, including interceptions, and many heavily. Despite this, Gundogan runs more per 90 minutes suggesting his positioning may be inferior
  • Gundogan gives far less fouls away, however the difference in yellows received is very small and with neither player receiving a red. This enhances the notion that Fernandinho is a better 'tactical' fouler
All in all, that to me reads game set and match to Fernandinho. In the big games, when we need defensive solidity and physicality, it's Fernandinho in a no contest.

What an absolute waste of a few hours , nothing in there we didnt already know , Gundogan is a better passer and has more creativity , Dinho is the better defensively any one with half a brain can deduce this , without your facts and figures . Gundogan is not a natural defensive midfielder and is playing in that position due to injuries , and should be congratulated for making a fist of it ,where as Dinho is a natural defensive midfielder

How do you think Dinho's figures as a creative midfielder would compare with Gundogan's ? |The answer is clear you wouldnt have to peruse the internet for figures to state the bleeding obvious would you ?

As for you comment about Gundogan runs more because his positional play is poor , then Bernardo must be absolutely shite , his positional play must be up there with Mendy's defensive capabilities

You keep up the fantasy. We were poor last night. Gundogan, Fernandihno, Debryune, Mendy, Ota', Mahrez and Jesus. All poor. Gundogan too had a bad game.

But that doesn't change the facts or his recent body of work.

You keep forgetting to give us the facts on you claims.
Everytime I see a post from you, I'm excited that you've finally gone to fig up the Gundogan poor games against top sides.

But alas, again and again I am dissapointed to find it's just more claims of 'giving facts' without actually giving any.

Hopefully your next post will be the one with that info. I'm here just waiting :)

Your defence of Gundogan is crumbling as bad as the man himself under a high press.

I've given you the facts - you didn't like them and failed to comprehend them, to the point where you went on a long winded rant thinking in error that I was comparing Fernandinho and Gundogan this season, when I clearly wasn't. Telling you when he has played bad previously would only further fuel this long standing agenda of yours.

Please do not lump the others in with Gundogan with cliché statements saying others were just as bad - they weren't. He played worse and the supporters on here thought as much too.

If you're so adamant that he's played brilliantly under high pressure and against big teams, going right against common belief, YOU need to provide evidence of that. That very few want him playing against the Dippers, despite what our squad has been reduced to, speaks volumes and says everything we need to know.

Last edited:
Your defence of Gundogan is crumbling as bad as the man himself under a high press.

I've given you the facts - you didn't like them and failed to comprehend them, to the point where you went on a long winded rant thinking in error that I was comparing Fernandinho and Gundogan this season, when I clearly wasn't. Telling you when he has played bad previously would only further fuel this long standing agenda of yours.

Please do not lump the others in with Gundogan with cliché statements saying others were just as bad - they weren't. He played worse and the supporters on here thought as much too.

If you're so adamant that he's played brilliantly under high pressure and against big teams, going right against common belief, YOU need to provide evidence of that. That very few want him playing against the Dippers, despite what our squad has been reduced to, speaks volumes and says everything we need to know.

Your facts only stated what the majority of posters knows ,and why do you always speak for everyone on here ? when you obviously do not . There are plenty of posts that are only concerned that if Gundogan does play he will need to be assisted against an aggressive Dipper team , Gundogan is not the strongest midfielder we have , my suggestion would be to curtail KDB's forward play to play a deeper role.
But you continue with your witch hunt for Gundogan , and your non existent and certainly unproven "common belief" in your fantasy world , i see a player who gives 100% every game in a blue shirt whilst playing out of position
You can produce any amount of facts and figures ,hiding behind percentages gleamed from the internet just makes you look a fool who is incapable of forming an opinion without them, your the new breed of football fan who believes all the stats and not his own eyes ,watch the football match instead , that's the f*cking evidence.

Your facts only stated what the majority of posters knows ,and why do you always speak for everyone on here ? when you obviously do not . There are plenty of posts that are only concerned that if Gundogan does play he will need to be assisted against an aggressive Dipper team , Gundogan is not the strongest midfielder we have , my suggestion would be to curtail KDB's forward play to play a deeper role.
But you continue with your witch hunt for Gundogan , and your non existent and certainly unproven "common belief" in your fantasy world , i see a player who gives 100% every game in a blue shirt whilst playing out of position
You can produce any amount of facts and figures ,hiding behind percentages gleamed from the internet just makes you look a fool who is incapable of forming an opinion without them, your the new breed of football fan who believes all the stats and not his own eyes ,watch the football match instead , that's the f*cking evidence.

If he's playing out of position, what position is he supposed to be in? Go on.

And I do watch the game and know what I see, that's kinda been the whole point here. I see Gundogan as a downhill skier, who has regular struggles against certain opposition. I don't care about giving 100%, that's not enough to defend someone - when you're wearing a City shirt, playing at the level we are, earning the money they do, that is the absolute bare minimum. If a player can't give 100% then they should fuck off and join the Rags.

I don't want to rely on statistics, but if people keep insisting on 'evidence', I'll produce it. Very lazy generalisation you've made.

If he's playing out of position, what position is he supposed to be in? Go on.

And I do watch the game and know what I see, that's kinda been the whole point here. I see Gundogan as a downhill skier, who has regular struggles against certain opposition. I don't care about giving 100%, that's not enough to defend someone - when you're wearing a City shirt, playing at the level we are, earning the money they do, that is the absolute bare minimum. If a player can't give 100% then they should fuck off and join the Rags.

I don't want to rely on statistics, but if people keep insisting on 'evidence', I'll produce it. Very lazy generalisation you've made.

Your evidence as previously stated proved nothing we did not already know ,(but i am so glad you took so much time in compiling that load of shite , it means less time to post your drivel on here) . Gundogan is not a defensive midfielder perhaps you should ask Pep or Low what his position is , i would take the opinion of two world class managers than a lazy clown like you who bases their whole argument on stats.
Your ignorance knows no bounds , you state Gundogan runs about a more because he is positionally poor , Bernardo runs even more so what does that make him .................................................................................go on.

Your evidence as previously stated proved nothing we did not already know ,(but i am so glad you took so much time in compiling that load of shite , it means less time to post your drivel on here) . Gundogan is not a defensive midfielder perhaps you should ask Pep or Low what his position is , i would take the opinion of two world class managers than a lazy clown like you who bases their whole argument on stats.
Your ignorance knows no bounds , you state Gundogan runs about a more because he is positionally poor , Bernardo runs even more so what does that make him .................................................................................go on.

Ahhh, yes, the old '[insert manager] picks him, so he must be good'. Nice and worn out that one of late, always reverted to as some kind of gospel that a player must be brilliant. Of course you'll run down figures when you have them going against your argument, even though they're only used to aid my points - not the basis for them. You're deliberately trying to misrepresent.

If he's not a defensive midfielder, a number six, then what is he?. You haven't answered the question. That's where our manager, who you've just mentioned, likes to play him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.