Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't go as far as that but Shaun Wright Phillips return wasn't brilliant.
His 2nd debut was amazing. Just joyful.

Also, his first 2 seasons back (08-10) were good. But Mancini didn't fancy him and he just couldn't make the step up once we started bringing players of the ability of Tevez, Silva, Toure, etc.

Last edited:
I know I'm getting well ahead of myself but can you imagine if this is a genuinely a longer term view by both parties and that Gundo turns out to be capable of one day successfully taking the reins, either via another cfg role or something even more amazing.

Either way, the brilliant bonus beyond the obvious would be that we had achieved something that the rags palpably failed to do in the gpc era. We already know there's no comparison between how the two clubs are run but how sweet would it be for them to have to watch us do that which they were utterly incapable of doing.

I know I'm getting well ahead of myself but can you imagine if this is a genuinely a longer term view by both parties and that Gundo turns out to be capable of one day successfully taking the reins, either via another cfg role or something even more amazing.

Either way, the brilliant bonus beyond the obvious would be that we had achieved something that the rags palpably failed to do in the gpc era. We already know there's no comparison between how the two clubs are run but how sweet would it be for them to have to watch us do that which they were utterly incapable of doing.
I guess that Ilkay's longer term career was discussed with Pep and the group management. If he wants to play on after this season New York City could be an option and then into the coaching setup.

So far (I’m on page 211) all the naysayers and doubters usernames check out.
The same one who seem to be negative in general or just like to be contrary or spend too much time playing FIFA.

Welcome home Gundo. Time for one last hurrah you cool motherfucker.
I don't know if you mean me, but I said exactly what others are saying now - that he will be good for a year, or two. Then likely after that he will start to decline and go to finish his career elsewhere.

It seems City agree with me too, hence the short-term deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.