Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's nailed on he'll be offered a coaching role and I think he'll gladly take it. He ain't coming back for one season to go and finish his career elsewhere.
Yes maybe that then too.

He might wanna play for a long time as well though, people can change or make different decisions.

But yeah, the main crux of my post is that likely they see him as a first-team player until the World Cup, then he will either transition to coaching or finish elsewhere.

The short term contract is clearly the best option for both parties imo.

It gives the player a natural envisaged time to finally end his playing time in the PL in order to pursue other options should he wish.

I also do not believe that him being back at City blocks opportunities for younger players, although I can see that maybe Nunes future is affected.
Yes I agree with you on all that.

I said the same thing this morning but a couple of posters said people were being negative and claiming he was finished. I think what people meant was he still has a couple of years left but he should only be signed on a short-term contract. That makes most sense for the club and the player in this instance, as you suggest.

Buzzing for this signing, a great fit for the season ahead and not going to let the minority of naysayers take the shine off it.

For those trying to assign how many minutes he will play the beauty and reality of the situation is that guys will play (as always) based on how much they impress Pep during the week in training. You can be assured that Gundo will be aiming to play plenty - and the intensity will keep everyone on their toes and putting their best foot forward.

Win fucking win!

Anyway, the point is he's clearly a great player, and hasn't lost a step as watching Barca last year proves.

He should be as good as he's always been until the end of this season, then if there is an extension the World Cup. And after that he can think about his future as he will be almost 36.

Hopefully this serves as a lesson to the other players who may have their head turned by big offers..the grass isn't greener..The way Man City are run these days and the infrastructure they have , most clubs are a big step down

Yup. We've seen a lot of speculation about some of our big, well established, players leaving this summer but not one has yet: I think they all know everywhere else is indeed a step down. Real Madrid are perhaps the one exception but probably only in terms of stature.

So far (I’m on page 211) all the naysayers and doubters usernames check out.
The same one who seem to be negative in general or just like to be contrary or spend too much time playing FIFA.

Welcome home Gundo. Time for one last hurrah you cool motherfucker.
You’ll find many of the usual suspects on the match day thread too pal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.