Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that bit, I can understand. Felt the same for a while initially myself, re leaving on a high etc.

But, the landscape is completely different now. And in the context of all things considered, it is a brilliant move.

If he had signed that extension, he would still be here this season, so it is almost like adding Kovacic now.

We need a body in midfield, we need cover for a couple positions, we have been unable to sign anyone in this market.

We need to spread Alvarez's minutes he played in midfield and Gundo is a better player in that position without doubt.

He cost nothing, he is on a year's deal.

Knows the club, no adjustment period.

Will be hungry as fuck, having been frustrated at Barcelona and having missed out on 4 trophies here in that time.

We have ample space in the squad, 3 slots once Cancelo leaves, so he isn't pushing anyone out, or stopping us signing a forward.

Gives the youngsters time to develop rather than being crippled by expectation, and they can learn from him.

And that's not even touching the future potential manager theory, which I think is a long way away.
This is a great post and sums everything up perfectly for me.

Just leave this here.
Total fucking bollocks. Never ever forget Neville is an absolute twat.
Hardly any PL clubs spending big money - how does the rat faced little **** explain that !
Just a nasty little poke at City for the benefit of the brain dead rag punters.

Total fucking bollocks. Never ever forget Neville is an absolute twat.
Hardly any PL clubs spending big money - how does the rat faced little **** explain that !
Just a nasty little poke at City for the benefit of the brain dead rag punters.
Re Neville. A clip resurfaced of him interviewing Bobby Manc after the Swansea game (Aguero debut).

He said ‘it’s me Gary Neville. I bet you never thought you’d be interviewed by me’. Little nervous chuckle wearing a suit 5 times too big.

Bobby manc’s face was a picture.

Pep has gone on record as saying that he is the most intelligent player he's ever worked with. He's coming back after one season — not two, three or four — and will clearly understand that he will not be in the starting line-up every game, far from it. He is 33. A player of his intelligence can play several roles, and personally I believe he'll play deeper than he did before. I doubt he'll stand in the way of McAtee, given that McAtee plays further forward, and that Pep has openly expressed his admiration for him several times this summer. In any case, when you play for Pep Guardiola, you've got to be prepared to play in a position that you hadn't initially bargained for.
The strength of any club is to recruit flexibly, but also to bring players through from the academy, when they're of the required level. It lies in recruiting players for the long haul, but also, more rarely, short-haul players (one or two years) when there is a genuine opening for them.

We were still in good control of the game despite the personnel out there. We had chances. Chelsea we improved even further despite their chances too.

You watched a seriously different game to me if you thought we were in control of anything after about 25 minutes, we were completely overrun in midfield and gave chances up that a better side would have put away and been out of sight (wouldnt have been arsed 1 bit as it was only a friendly) football is all about opinions though and you're entitled to yours.

I see you chose to conveniently ignore the full first paragraph about Gundogan which is what the thread is meant to be about.

Agree about being improved at Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.