Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
You watched a seriously different game to me if you thought we were in control of anything after about 25 minutes, we were completely overrun in midfield and gave chances up that a better side would have put away and been out of sight (wouldnt have been arsed 1 bit as it was only a friendly) football is all about opinions though and you're entitled to yours.

I see you chose to conveniently ignore the full first paragraph about Gundogan which is what the thread is meant to be about.

Agree about being improved at Chelsea.
We were the better side despite that being their first team out and not having Rodri and having a raw kid playing ; although I am not expecting Nico O'Rielly to be fully ready for the first team just yet despite showing signs what he is capable of in the first team. We had squandered chances in that game to win it in normal time.

Pep found a really good solution during the tour of the US. Kovacic is a year wiser and Rodri rarely gets rotated even with depth. We still have to find another replacement for Gundo in 12 months time and that is totally un-neccessary pressure.
But if we are going to need a replacement for gundo in 12 months time, then surely that means that without signing him now, we would need to find a replacement for him now?

I’ve got an idea. Why don’t we replace gundo now instead of waiting 12 months. There’s a lad who is unhappy at Barcelona, costs us literally nothing, and is proven at this level, and indeed at this club. Think his name is Gundo. Let’s sign him instead of waiting 12 months to not sign him.

I think you’re a pretty decent poster who’s dug himself a hole over the last day or two and is too stubborn to dig himself out of it.

Bring him home.

But if we are going to need a replacement for gundo in 12 months time, then surely that means that without signing him now, we would need to find a replacement for him now?

I think you’re a pretty decent poster who’s dug himself a hole over the last day or two and is too stubborn to dig himself out of it.

Can you perhaps agree with the above @RayCTID ?

Pep has gone on record as saying that he is the most intelligent player he's ever worked with. He's coming back after one season — not two, three or four — and will clearly understand that he will not be in the starting line-up every game, far from it. He is 33. A player of his intelligence can play several roles, and personally I believe he'll play deeper than he did before. I doubt he'll stand in the way of McAtee, given that McAtee plays further forward, and that Pep has openly expressed his admiration for him several times this summer. In any case, when you play for Pep Guardiola, you've got to be prepared to play in a position that you hadn't initially bargained for.
The strength of any club is to recruit flexibly, but also to bring players through from the academy, when they're of the required level. It lies in recruiting players for the long haul, but also, more rarely, short-haul players (one or two years) when there is a genuine opening for them.
This move has as much an eye on future roles as present ones.

Ilkay is a multi lingual ' internationalist' with strength of character at his core.

This could be the beginning of the beginning not the beginning of the end !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.