Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEWSFLASH:

Gundo will not be our next manager.

Love him all you want as a City player, but let’s not put the cart so far in from of the horse when it comes him being a coach here or any big club.

Is that the Chicago member of the MCFC Board speaking ? :)

You are most likely correct although he could be apprentice to Pep in the same way Arteta was.
He understands the way Pep thinks and plays already and has already done his coaching badges.
It would be about as seemless a succession as possible so not completely out of the question in my opinion.
If he were to return it would definitely be a possibility….
Everything is possible, but I find your extrapolation of one idea (his return) far more “possible” than your second (him becoming the next coach here).

That’s not to say he couldn’t be A coach here, and even take one of the younger teams as his own, but first team coach seems a stretch today.

We don’t even know if he really wants to come back here yet, do we?

This feels like something that could be done very quickly

If everybody is up for it, he could be a blue again by this time tomorrow

This feels like one the players could get involved with too. Whether it’s Pep consulting senior players or them asking him!

His age isn't an issue.
I feel the biggest thing he did in matches was to come on and regain control when our backs were against the wall.
Cover for Rodri is also a factor.
So it would be a yes from me, either a contract or loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.