Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is possible, but I find your extrapolation of one idea (his return) far more “possible” than your second (him becoming the next coach here).

That’s not to say he couldn’t be A coach here, and even take one of the younger teams as his own, but first team coach seems a stretch today.

We don’t even know if he really wants to come back here yet, do we?
Correct. He may well not come back but if he does I still maintain he would be a potential manager here. After all it’s pretty much how Pep fell into the Barca gig isn’t it.
First step is coming back (obviously)
Second is managing the youngsters (which he already has experience of btw!) after he stops playing, and third is replacing Pep when he eventually leaves.
Bit of dreaming never did any harm eh..

Fabrizio being the one to "break" this has me worried that Ilkay's agent is just shopping around and using his City history to get a bigger contract from some other team.

I've always been negative when posters have suggested bringing him back, because he chose to leave. he broke my heart.

But fuck it, I am ready to get hurt again. Bring the boy home!
I don’t think he ever broke my heart. He served a great purpose for us and celebrated what he achieved with us and I wished him luck in the future. Never wanted him to leave but understood his wanting something different. But end of day, gundogan is a valuable leader and player and if he wants to come back knowing his minutes will be limited, I’m all for it. If we can swap cancelo, even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.