Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get why that's mysoginistic. If I decide to apply for another job (and I am at the minute) the first thing I do is talk to the wife. Her opinion is as important as mine. Any footballer who respects his missus will do exactly the same thing.
Me too, but she’s a Glaswegian fruitcake who would bite my nose off if I didn’t.. :-)

200w.gif

Pep won’t let him leave. He said as much after the community shield.

I trust his judgement of a player over anybody else’s so personally hope he stays.

And Pep was so adamant in his praise for McAtee that I’d go as far as saying that any move for Gundo would only be sanctioned if it didn’t directly affect JM’s progression.

If anything, it would improve him. Foden always highlights staying and training with Silva (and KDB) as his learning over a loan move and he’s turned out OK… Especially when you compare to the other EDS player who left and not can’t get a game at the worst rag team in years.

Phil Foden was extremely lucky KDB missed out the entire first half of 2023-24 season. Pep had no other option to use Foden in his best position. By the time KDB returned, Foden was a nailed on starter and arguably the best player in entire Prem alongside Rodri.

Otherwise, Foden may have ended up like Cole Palmer...

And speaking about Cole Palmer, I think Pep has learned his mistake of letting him go so easily. Thus why he's so adamant of keeping McAtee.

Correct. He may well not come back but if he does I still maintain he would be a potential manager here. After all it’s pretty much how Pep fell into the Barca gig isn’t it.

Not quite that simple.

First step is coming back (obviously)
Second is managing the youngsters (which he already has experience of btw!) after he stops playing, and third is replacing Pep when he eventually leaves.
Bit of dreaming never did any harm eh..

His “coaching of the youngsters” was, I believe, just part of his badges and/or for the cameras. You or I could have done that, but no-one would extrapolate that to being City Coach

Lastly on this subject, I tend to not put my dreams of sugarplums and fairies out for public consumption, but, as I said, while all things are possible, I prefer to live under the umbrella of objective reality and subjectively high probability outcomes.

Would it be good to see him playing and/or coaching here again? Absolutely!

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.