Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't but imagine what Mc Atee and O Reilly think. Thought they were the future, maybe not Peps future.
We've enough players in their 30s. Reeks of Pep not extending.
If a player from the Academy is good enough, he’ll make it into the first team and cement himself there no matter who we sign.

Even if we don’t sign Gundo or any other midfielder, the next time we see McAtee will be the early rounds of the EFL Cup and depending on who we play in the EFL Cup it’s possible we won’t see O’Reilly again until next Summer’s pre-season tour.

Signing Gundo will make no difference to either of those lads this season.

And who says they’re the future? We’ve seen dozens of Academy lads pop up in pre-season (from Maffeo to Celina, Harwood-Bellis, Edozie, Delap etc.) and even regularly into the first team (García, Palmer) and be sold on as they weren’t quite good enough or not quite in the plans.

Every now and again we’ll get a Foden or Lewis, but there’s nothing to say McAtee or O’Reilly will also be like them.

If a player from the Academy is good enough, he’ll make it into the first team and cement himself there no matter who we sign.

Even if we don’t sign Gundo or any other midfielder, the next time we see McAtee will be the early rounds of the EFL Cup and depending on who we play in the EFL Cup it’s possible we won’t see O’Reilly again until next Summer’s pre-season tour.

Signing Gundo will make no difference to either of those lads this season.

And who says they’re the future? We’ve seen dozens of Academy lads pop up in pre-season (from Maffeo to Celina, Harwood-Bellis, Edozie, Delap etc.) and even regularly into the first team (García, Palmer) and be sold on as they weren’t quite good enough or not quite in the plans.

Every now and again we’ll get a Foden or Lewis, but there’s nothing to say McAtee or O’Reilly will also be like them.

I think it depends on the contract as assume we will just do 1 year.

Be something nice about Gundogan coming back, I think he is criminally underrated outside of City.

Not 100% it’s the right thing, but can’t say I’ll be too upset.

I could definitely see a role for him.

I think it depends on the contract as assume we will just do 1 year.

Be something nice about Gundogan coming back, I think he is criminally underrated outside of City.

Not 100% it’s the right thing, but can’t say I’ll be too upset.

I could definitely see a role for him.
I’m on the fence ,can see some very good reasons why we would, but also a few why we wouldn’t.

I’m on the fence ,can see some very good reasons why we would, but also a few why we wouldn’t.

Same for me and I think a normal season it would have been smarter to splash the money on Bruno G.

However, for whatever reason and I have my theory it’s not and I feel this is probably a bit of a gift if no cost and a 1 year deal.

If the club and Pep think there are more pros then cons, I’m onboard and Gundogan is a class act on and off the field, there will probably be little downside.

I feel however he has lost his place as captain/ starter and he’s now a squad player (up to him to change that!)

barca fans not happy

Gundo on a free, no brainer, please get it done City. Those stats prove he is still a quality player and I'm not surprised Pep is seriously considering bringing him back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.