Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still how much time Gundo has got left in his legs is the biggest issue. And besides that we would still have to look for a replacement when he does leave or retire.
More legs than David pizzaro

A 12 month deal then move him on to NY or Girona. We can then look at eze or Bruno or if we’ve been relegated stick with Lewis and Phillips

We should be looking forward with our signing not backwards. He has had his time at City as player now if he does return as a coach I would love that more.
Will only be short term as a player though. Even if he gets used sparingly he can still perform when called upon and his experience is invaluable. No brainer IMO.

We should be looking forward with our signing not backwards. He has had his time at City as player now if he does return as a coach I would love that more.
Could see him back as a player/coach, was taking his badges when he left.

He is not a priority at the moment as I have stated in the Quiet thread, there working hard on another deal on a striker who would be a replacement for Alvarez, city were already down the line with this deal before this gundogan news dropped on there lap, they are trying to reach an agreement on a transfer fee with his club,

City are ruthless though, they always recognise players who have served us well but we are a forward thinking club who move on very quickly from certain players leaving us, they certainly will not be pandering to gundogan, we are aware of a situation regarding him now, but we are concentrating on another deal that is of more importance to us,

Thanks for your input mate.

But please don’t fall into the behaviour pattern of posting as though you “know” what is happening at the club because you’ve “heard” it somewhere (no matter how well meaning or connected your source might be).

There are enough “I’m told” merchants on here already.

There's a possibility the players we might be after aren't available until next Summer, I'm thinking Wirtz and Musiala. A season of Gundogan would bridge that gap nicely.

Thanks for your input mate.

But please don’t fall into the behaviour pattern of posting as though you “know” what is happening at the club because you’ve “heard” it somewhere (no matter how well meaning or connected your source might be).

There are enough “I’m told” merchants on here already.
The fact he refers to Us as city tells you everything. No real fan talks about the club as city because ‘we’ the fans are the club!

A potential 65+ games this season. Getting Gundogan back to share that workload is a smart move imho. He knows how we play inside out. Very little in terms of a settling in period, and he can now rest during the international breaks

I'm personally struggling to see a downside here
I am too. The only downside is that he takes a spot from one of the Academy players. But when we get into the slog past the festive fixtures, we are going to need someone. I would also add that the Champions League is different this season. Its basically league play. 8 games I think in "group" phase. Coupled with all the other Cups and international play, I think its going to matter.

The deciding factor for me is - this could be a solution for offloading Cancelo. If we can do that, with no negative cost to us, then I think we have to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.