Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is not a priority at the moment as I have stated in the Quiet thread, there working hard on another deal on a striker who would be a replacement for Alvarez, city were already down the line with this deal before this gundogan news dropped on there lap, they are trying to reach an agreement on a transfer fee with his club,

City are ruthless though, they always recognise players who have served us well but we are a forward thinking club who move on very quickly from certain players leaving us, they certainly will not be pandering to gundogan, we are aware of a situation regarding him now, but we are concentrating on another deal that is of more importance to us,
I mean Sam Lee just said it: the club is looking to sign two players before the end of the window. A striker and a midfielder. Why can they not do both?

as much as i love Gundog what does this do to Kovacic? not to mention Nunes.

both players will feel redundant (you might not care about the latter but Kova just scored a great goal and has been decent for us)

The more I think about this the less convinced I am it will happen. I think Pep will consider the impact on Foden, Kovecic, Bernardo and Nunez to be too great.

The impact on them would be less than a 60-100m player like Bruno Guimaraes or a Danny Olmo coming, that everyone wanted.

That is slightly different though as we moved Ferna to a defensive position later on in his career, where suddenly mobility and pace were even more crucial than before even though his legs were less able to provide those things. Great midfielders can sometimes remain great until much older than Ilkay is now.

And that's coming from someone who believe that Fernandinho was a slightly better player than Gundogan! The margins between them are extremely narrow however.
Still how much time Gundo has got left in his legs is the biggest issue. And besides that we would still have to look for a replacement when he does leave or retire.

You are assuming everyone stays fit and sharp for the whole season, that never happens.
No, I'm assuming that if McAtee or O Reilly are on the bench there are probably 4 or 5 players also on that bench that will be ahead of them.

genuine question for the people here that say getting him would reduce minutes for foden (and other players) or move him to the wing, what do you guys think would happen if got bruno? we are clearly trying to land a player that can play the 6 & 8 and we are probably getting one next summer.

bruno would also play more minutes than gundo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.