Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still how much time Gundo has got left in his legs is the biggest issue. And besides that we would still have to look for a replacement when he does leave or retire.
We don't have to flog him to death, using him wisely especially as an impact sub will help us. He's a game changer and will help us retain the title.

The impact on them would be less than a 60-100m player like Bruno Guimaraes or a Danny Olmo coming, that everyone wanted.
Don’t know anything about those but I know that we are blessed with a lot of central attacking midfielders. It might be KDB’s last season so a young player would possibly be an investment but a short term automatic starter like gundo would hold a few players back.

I love him of course, I’m just not convinced Pep will think it’s right for the bigger picture

We don't have to flog him to death, using him wisely especially as an impact sub will help us. He's a game changer and will help us retain the title.
That plan couid easily go out of the window as we did find out last season with both KDB's early injury and Rodri's suspension. He does have the Footballing brain I am not sure he has the legs to return to the Premier League.

as much as i love Gundog what does this do to Kovacic? not to mention Nunes.

both players will feel redundant (you might not care about the latter but Kova just scored a great goal and has been decent for us)
A potential 65+ games this season. Getting Gundogan back to share that workload is a smart move imho. He knows how we play inside out. Very little in terms of a settling in period, and he can now rest during the international breaks

I'm personally struggling to see a downside here

A potential 65+ games this season. Getting Gundogan back to share that workload is a smart move imho. He knows how we play inside out. Very little in terms of a settling in period, and he can now rest during the international breaks

I'm personally struggling to see a downside here
i mean you are right. i fucking love the player.

but just a twinge of sadness for how Kovacic would feel: today he probably woke up feeling on top of the world and like he’d arrived as a city player, finally

i mean you are right. i fucking love the player.

but just a twinge of sadness for how Kovacic would feel: today he probably woke up feeling on top of the world and like he’d arrived as a city player, finally
I've just watched the treble video and the togetherness of the players was incredible. I see Kovacic as a player who has had his first season under Pep and, unlike Phillips and Nunes, understands what he needs to do to play more minutes. With the projected workload I am sure he will get plenty of minutes BUT he may miss out on playing if / when the really big crunch games roll round. Then again I could be spouting complete bollocks. None of us knows how it will pan out either way. When I consider the pro's and cons of bringing Gundo back I see a lot more in the pro's column than the cons column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.