Ilkay Gundogan - He's Back, Welcome Home

Him taking a year away might end up being the best thing he could have done. It's opened his eyes to just how superbly run we are and that theres no greener pastures on the planet.

He's going to be a massive influence on the dressing room and on the academy players coming through too, especially if he retires here into a coaching role, he will drill it in to players that there's nowhere better to be than City.

His first task should be to get into Bernardo's ear to make him have a little rethink about his near future plans.

Signing of the window.
Couldn’t have put it better myself! Absolutely spot on!

Jim, you of all people, perhaps my humour is different but I thought I was making it obvious why this is a brilliant signing.
Maybe I should stick to the Cellar.

Edit. The clue is in the fact that I know where he lives. Directly opposite Peps gaff in his multi million pound penthouse.
Fair enough. They're hardly going to slum it, are they?

I don't get this love in.
OK he's a treble wining captain but come on.
We are expected to believe that he phoned Pep and said I want to come back, yeh right, for that to happen he would have had to ask Pep if he's staying. Are you asking me to believe Pep has told Gundy he's renewing and so Gundy is safe to sign !
Also, Gundy wants to be a coach so come on, as if Pep is going to say, to the bloke that lives in the top floor penthouse suite, immediatley opposite Pep, yeh babe, you and me can take it to the next level.

Nah, he's seen City as easy money and turned us over.
I will stand by this post even after he is holding the Champs League trophy over his head in Munich shouting 'Double Treble Winners'
Man's a money grabber.
Hahaha love it !

Fair enough if I've been caught.

But I was in the original Gundo thread. There were some....interesting takes not too dissimilar to your post, being made entirely at face value.
@Bluemoon115 Fair do's but I was taking the piss out of those posters.
Do they really think Gundo would come back without asking Pep if he's pissing off at the end of the season ?
I might be reaching too far thinking they would coach/manage the same team but I reckon it was discussed.
I'm suprised how many negative comments I got from my post, it was meant in exactly the opposite way but without it being a wind up.

We are expected to believe that he phoned Pep and said I want to come back, yeh right, for that to happen he would have had to ask Pep if he's staying. Are you asking me to believe Pep has told Gundy he's renewing and so Gundy is safe to sign !
Also, Gundy wants to be a coach so come on, as if Pep is going to say, to the bloke that lives in the top floor penthouse suite, immediatley opposite Pep, yeh babe, you and me can take it to the next level.

I will stand by this post even after he is holding the Champs League trophy over his head in Munich shouting 'Double Treble Winners'
Man's a money grabber.

Man's a money grabber.
Call him a hater, but the man is spittin' straight facts!

I'd honestly be a bit surprised. Absolutely buzzing about having him back and everything, but it's in a somewhat different capacity. His name will not be the first on the team sheet. If I were Kev, Kyle, or even Rúben I think I'd feel a bit miffed.
I'd stick with Kyle as the main man, supported by the players choices.

Gundog is a captain, coach, leader, inspiration and disciplinarian without any need for arm bands or badges.

Kyle the warrior for me !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.