Ilkay Gundogan - He's Back, Welcome Home

Great to have him back but it makes you wonder what possessed him to leave in the first place.
It's quite possible we may have won just the league if he had still been part of the team.
He didn't think he was good enough for us anymore and wanted to play for one of his childhood idol teams in his "waning" years.

Yeah, just let that sink in; Gundogan didn't think he was good enough for Manchester City!

@Bluemoon115 Fair do's but I was taking the piss out of those posters.
Do they really think Gundo would come back without asking Pep if he's pissing off at the end of the season ?
I might be reaching too far thinking they would coach/manage the same team but I reckon it was discussed.
I'm suprised how many negative comments I got from my post, it was meant in exactly the opposite way but without it being a wind up.
Even the best of us fall for a blatant trap every now and then, and I'm not the best of us :)

Anyway, I'm off to watch the Villa highlights for the 50th time today.

Great to have him back but it makes you wonder what possessed him to leave in the first place.
It's quite possible we may have won more than just the league if he had still been part of the team.

A childhood dream to play for Barca, and a change of scene perhaps after winning the lot with us.

I think we could have gone and won the CL again with him last year. But if he had have stayed then maybe we wouldn't have carried out other business. He's back, it's excellent for the squad and he will provide so much on and off the pitch for us.

Welcome home silky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.