Ilkay Gundogan

So his first game back will be against Utd? Bit shit that won't be fully match fit probably.

Doubt he'll be thrown into such a big game for his debut after a serious injury. Bournemouth at home the following weekend (or even the League Cup 3rd round) seem more likely. Shame though, like you say. Would've liked to go to Old Trafford at full strength.

Double yay.

Looking forward to seeing where Pep deploys this lad.

Edit: I've just realised that that is Sane he's kicking the ball about with, triple yay.
They and their families were sharing a box last Saturday. Must get in well

I quite like the look of that mate! think fernandinho would mike a great attacking right back
Especially if we stick to the FB coming in to holding mid when we have the ball:

Stones --------------------Gundogan-------------------- Kompany
--------------------Fenandinho-----Kolarov----------------------------

Solid base.

Especially if we stick to the FB coming in to holding mid when we have the ball:

Stones --------------------Gundogan-------------------- Kompany
--------------------Fenandinho-----Kolarov----------------------------

Solid base.

Problem with the current system is the fullbacks have too much responsibility creatively. Everytime they have the ball at CM, I keep thinking how much better an actual midfielder would be if he was in that position instead of say Zabaleta or Clichy. It worked for Bayern because Lahm/Alaba are great on the ball and creative.

Gundogan's more of a Xavi type player as opposed to a deep lying quarter back like Alonso imo. Plus I'm not sure if he'd be able to protect the back 4 on his own.

Bravo
Fernandinho - Kompany - Stones - Clichy
Gundogan
Sterling - De Bruyne - Silva - Nolito
Aguero

With the likes of Otamendi, Sagna, Kolarov, Delph, Sane, Iheanacho off the bench. And that doesn't include Zab, Denayer, Fernando, Navas, or Gabriel. A mouth watering squad.

I'm really curious to see where Gundogan slots in.

My guess is it will be DeBruyne moving up to the front three with Gundogan taking his place in midfield and then Nolito/Navas coming off the bench.

Something like this:

Starters
Bravo
Sagna - Stones - Otamendi - Kolarov
...............Fernandinho
........Gundogan..........Silva
Sterling........................DeBruyne
..................Aguero

Backups/Rotation
..................Willy
Zabaleta - Kompany - Denayer/Tosin - Clichy
................Fernando
...........Sane.........Delph
Navas........................Nolito
...............Iheanacho

I quite like the look of that mate! think fernandinho would mike a great attacking right back
Reckon we would get destroyed by any half decent side playing that. You need at least one destroyer in the middle. And why play our best midfielder at right back ?

Gundogan will replace/rotate with kdb or silva imo

Bravo
Sagna - Otamendi - Stones - Clichy
Fernandinho
Sterling - Gundogan - Silva - Sane
Aguero

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.