Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if he comes and only plays a handful of games in the league cup and champs league group games, it takes some pressure off the squad, and im sure he's still got the legs/quality to do it. Come home Gundog!!

No real concerns about Gundo's age for me. He was in his 20s by the first time he played 30 games in a season and he's 'only' played 50 games in a season four times, so in 'football years' he should still have a couple of years left in him at the top level. Contrast that with the likes of owen and rooney who were flogged to death as teenagers and were finished when they hit 30.

This will make me happy on so many levels.

We bought Kovacic in to replace Phillips as he’s versatile to play 6/8. We wanted Rice/Bellingham/Paqueta to replace Gundo but snapped up Nunes end of the window.

Now we will have Gundo back and everything that comes with it. He might not be captain but he’ll act like one. He might not play every minute but when he does he’s a star.

This is a signing I didn’t think we’d make because we always think about 5 years ahead but if this is a transitional year and we want players like Wharton/Musiala but can’t get them yet then it makes perfect sense. It makes perfect sense if this is Pep’s last season or like we all hope he rebuilds the squad yet again.

Why do barca not want him?
They want him off the wage bill, because they are skint, and at the moment can't register Dani Olmo because they have too many players. Also if I rightly recall Gundo was moaning about Barca soon after he'd signed for them, saying it wasn't what he thought it was going be.

Imagine if you’re Ilkay Gundogan and you look across the dressing room and see Kyle fuckin Walker wearing that armband.
Why the hate for Kyle Walker, I don't get it. He's been brilliant for this club, the best right back we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.