Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought Kovacic was excellent as the 6 and he can do that role with Bernardo/Gundo next to him..

Not sure where Nunes fits anymore unless he takes minutes off the right until Bobb comes back.
Not sure where Nunes ever fitted, still can't figure out the logic of this signing other than filling a squad number.

Let's not forget, this striker signing could be that lad from West Ham, maybe we're struggling with a settlement fee as they wanted 1.5m for him

Possibly the promising young coach. I hope this comes off.
There seems a special connection between Guardiola and Gundogan. I am still hoping he can take over the Michels/Cruyff/ Guardiola torch when Guardiola quits club football, but he still needs a few more years around him to get to that level. A relationship like Guardiola had with Cruyff would be great for the club, for English football and football generally. I would hate to see that football legacy perish after Guardiola with fake-Pep disciples who can't hack it.
Rinus Michels played for the old Ajax manager, Jack Reynolds. Reynolds was from Prestwich and was on City’s books as a youth player (his Brother played for City).

At Ajax’s old De Meer stadium, they had a stand named after Reynolds. There’s a hospitality suite at the Amsterdam Arena named after him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.