Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really torn on this. He isn't quite the player he was and he left on such a high note it seems a shame to risk his legacy at the club. On the other hand if he can produce somewhere close to his last couple of season's form he'll be a welcome addition!

Well at 33 he's definitely not going to get better but I'm not sure I'd make a confident judgement on him not being the player he was.

He's only had one season away at a side that are not great, but he still did fairly well. It's only 12-18 months ago we were all giving him extremely high praise and saying what a great player he is.

I don't think anything has happened in the past 12 months to say he couldn't be slot back in and do a very good job. If he had been away 2 or 3 years, I'd be less enthusiastic.

Gundo is great addition for two reasons.

1) Rodri cover.
When I imagine this midfield, I am not that worried about Rodri being rested or rotated.
Very high quality and decent midfield, capable to play against any team I bet.
---------Gundo------------
Bernie------------Kovacic

2) Julian Alvarez replacement. Can play second striker / false 9 roles. Especially after Oscar Bobb got injured, we needed someone like Gundo.

Here I am talking about Gundo as a squad player.

If Pep somehow returns to his "treble winners" formation, I think we still have the team to beat that RM Galacticos or whatever the fuck they call themselves.

Gundo makes all the sense there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.