Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t bring players back, although I’d like this to be a exception.

Legend but let’s plan years ahead.

Think we go in for someone next season if Nunes doesn’t work out/Kovacic or Bernie move.

Getting Gundo back would be wonderful anyway. But to offload Cancelo in the same move would make it even more satisfying.
Would think there has to be a deal possible where we can do that trade, even if it’s only on loan for this season.

Cancelo is never going to play for us again, and the only place he is of any value to us is on the balance sheet. And we do need really another midfielder, because I can’t see Nunes playing that much unfortunately, while McAtee still has an awful lot to prove.

You can't rewrite history I'm afraid.
Much as I'd love to get shut of Cancelo, the weekend proves he's never getting near our first team again, Gundo returning isn't the right move for either party.
We only have to look over the road to see how badly a reputation can be tarnished by an ill advised return.
Love Gundog and what he did for us - especially given how he was "injury prone" "too small for the PL" and all the other shite the red media spouted - but he'd be better taking a nice payday in Saudi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.