Ilkay Gundogan - Done Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundogan's contract with Barca expires at 2026

Gundogan left us two years because he wanted a longer contract with more money. I doubt he wants 1 year contract with lower wages.

More likely he goes to Saudi or USA.

Julian Alvarez is the proof a player's resale value is very relevant. It gives Man City a lot of profit to sign young players for cheap and sell them for tons of money. So we can re-invest the money to bring in other young players.

Gundogan is a very good player, but it's everything else about him (age, wages, no-resale) that doesn't make him a great value signing.

We don't need a 33 year old dude who will get worse as the year passes. We need younger players.
It’s not always about the value (financially) sometimes it’s about the value as a player and what they can offer.

Very conflicted about this, on the one hand - love him. On the other .. there’s a reason we offered one year, that year has passed. He has had a a year doing well in a much less competitive environment than the PL, which may make him better or worse. Depends what other irons are in which other fires- but would hate to see him go to Arses, or any other PL team.

If he leaves on a free.. then sure!

But I don't want to pay for him.. they'll obviously try to trick us into knocking off Ferran Torres fee or Cancelo.

I say fuck that. We are done doing Brokelona favors.. 4 years laters we still haven't received the majority of Ferran Torres fee.

Sorry, I just don't see any negatives. He fits the bill for the one position we have concerns about and knows the systems we play and fits into them perfectly. Any concerns people have about fitness were surely disproved during the Euro's, after a long season.
Short term contract is all he's gonna get anywhere bar SA or maybe the US but I think we know him well enough to see that he'll want to play at the top as long as possible.
Be great to get some'at for nowt off Barca for a change.

Would deffo take him back just don’t think City will. Hate for him to go Arsenal eww.

If he leaves on a free.. then sure!

But I don't want to pay for him.. they'll obviously try to trick us into knocking off Ferran Torres fee or Cancelo.

I say fuck that. We are done doing Brokelona favors.. 4 years laters we still haven't received the majority of Ferran Torres fee.
Are there still posters on here who genuinely believe we go out of our way to o help Barcelona??
Haha! Fuckinell.

Not for me, we did right by Gundogan enabling his dream move, (not saying that is what he called it, but it is for most) He was good for us ghosting through matches to score the winner, but who`s minutes is he going to get? Phillips/Nunes is enough to boil an egg, and Bobb fancies them. Love him but perhaps it is time for him to pass on what he knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.