I'm gutted... Petrov getting new contract??

Neil McNab said:
ono said:
Good, i hope he signs it.

Just a thought, but does anyone else think he's playing on the right because Mancini feels we're light in midfield. By needing to use his stronger foot, Petrov has to come inside all the time. This crowds the midfield and leaves less space for teams to play through us.
I thought that was obvious but there are a lot of people on here who find these things hard to understand even if they are highlighted with 8 foot neon signs. Too many 12 year olds on here talking bollocks, they're moaning about Petrov playing on the right and then with the next line they want Ashley Young who is right footed playing on the left, who can't cross for tofee.

How dare you use knowledge, observation and common sense when posting on this board!!!

Ban him mods, before it catches on.

This is right up there with the Petrov at left back topic.

Hmmm, perhaps that's what Roberto is thinking of...

Grimble said:
Baffling decision. How he can be considered for a new contract while he keeps on pointing to his name on the back of his shirt is beyond me.

lol

What does pointing to his shirt have to do with a new contract???

That's the thing that's beyond me, your brain must operate differently to everyone else

Not done enough to warrant a new contract in my books, nor has he (with Adam Johnson / Bellers available) done enough to be starting games.

C_T_I_D said:
Not done enough to warrant a new contract in my books, nor has he (with Adam Johnson / Bellers available) done enough to be starting games.

A bit harsh C T I D , 5 goals and 7 assists from 10 games he has started and at least on Sunday in the first 30 minutes when we were pretty pox and on edge against the bottom side at home he was the only player who looked like he was going to shoot for goal and only slightly mis hit his first attempt which would have gone inside James left hand post had he struck it a fraction of a second earlier.

People say he is greedy etc but he is not a one two type player nor is he of the Bellamy style in terms of graft so there is no use comparing him to Bellamy.

There are times when we have needed both this season and he can play a role for us next season especially if we qualify for Europe.

If it's a 2 year contract (no more) I think its a good move, he knows the score at the club, ie that he wont play every week, and what a great player to have around the side, his performances this season do show on the whole he still has something to offer, it's a squad game now, especially if we get extended cup and european adventures. People who say we dont need him because we have Johnson and Bellamy, need to realise that Bellamy cant play 3 games a week, Johnson is still young and could well suffer loss of form and confidence at times not to mention injuries, and then those same people will be calling for Mansour to go out and spend £20mil on a replacement. Look at the top clubs, Chelsea and United, they continue to keep there squad competetive and healthier than most by giving a few of there better senior pro's contract extensions. Good move City.

okstate99 said:
City have offered Martin Petrov a new contract and are encouraged by the way the negotiations have gone with the Bulgaria international. The deadline-day signing of Adam Johnson and Craig Bellamy's impressive form have increased the competition on the left side of attack but Robinho has made it clear he does not want to return to Manchester after his six-month loan spell with Santos and the manager, Roberto Mancini, is keen to keep the 31-year-old Petrov, who is out of contract at the end of the season and eligible to speak to potential buyers

Quote from this story

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/02/manchester-city-seek-us-tour" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ek-us-tour</a>

Why why why? Go after someone else please?
Stick to baseball, Bluemoon really doesn't need any more cretins.

Neil McNab said:
ono said:
Good, i hope he signs it.

Just a thought, but does anyone else think he's playing on the right because Mancini feels we're light in midfield. By needing to use his stronger foot, Petrov has to come inside all the time. This crowds the midfield and leaves less space for teams to play through us.
I thought that was obvious but there are a lot of people on here who find these things hard to understand even if they are highlighted with 8 foot neon signs. Too many 12 year olds on here talking bollocks, they're moaning about Petrov playing on the right and then with the next line they want Ashley Young who is right footed playing on the left, who can't cross for tofee.
Ah well, glad somebody else has seen that. Lol.

I speak with a few Villa fans who all think Ashley Young has gone backwards over the last 12 months. Rarely beats his man, regularly puts really poor crosses into the box from deep positions. Maybe defenders know how to play against him now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.