I'm not a tactical genius but...

The Fixer said:
BillyShears said:
Because with Balo injured I don't think we have two forwards who compliment each other well enough to be effective.

For me, maybe I'd have changed things differently. Brought Silva on much earlier in place of Barry or DeJong, moving Toure slightly further back, and playing Silva, AJ, and Milner in behind Tevez.

Fair call billy, i suppose ade and tevez have never been great together i do wonder if balo was fit would he have played him up top with tevez?

it may depends on how much mancini feel to be safe with the FB he actually has.

anyway , if you look at his manager's history you can easy see he always played two real strikers.

The Fixer said:
Why did we not play both ade and tevez up front today? against the rags, chelsea arsenal etc i can see why we would only play 1 up top and flood the midfield against that kind of quality but sunderland??

At the moment it would appear "must not lose" attitude tactics/formation rather than being a bit more adventurous?

Obviously Bobby has forgotten more about football than i'll ever know but sometimes even the best get it wrong.

He played the same team that rolled over the Dippers..why should he not play the same team against Sunderland..??

The Tevez miss is what turned the game yesterday,not Bobs team choice..

I think he done the right thing by starting with the same side after a brilliant display against the dippers...........i think a few might of questioned him if he didn't.

I just hope that he's learnt from yesterday and during a game he can have the foresight to revert to 4-4-2 when needed and not persevere with the same formation all the time as we'll get found out pretty quickly.

Yesterday for me it was crying out for Toure to come off as i thought he had a cracking first half but i think he run out of steam in the second half (maybe still adjusting to Prem pace) push Milner in the middle as he wasn't getting any joy on the flank and has bundles of energy which we needed in the middle to gain control of the game, then bring Ade on to partner Tevez up top for the last half hour.

It's going to be horses for courses this season with formation in certain games and i just hope Mancini has the balls to change it during a game if needed when it's not working out?

The Fixer said:
Why did we not play both ade and tevez up front today? against the rags, chelsea arsenal etc i can see why we would only play 1 up top and flood the midfield against that kind of quality but sunderland??

At the moment it would appear "must not lose" attitude tactics/formation rather than being a bit more adventurous?

Obviously Bobby has forgotten more about football than i'll ever know but sometimes even the best get it wrong.

i've stopped asking the question, he's italian, like it or not this is our formation.
get used to it:(

de niro said:
The Fixer said:

i've stopped asking the question, he's italian, like it or not this is our formation.
get used to it:(

i'm sorry for you but i've to assured you about one thing : when balotelli will be fit he will play EVERY games .

now , do you think tevez will be benched ?

The Fixer said:

Must not lose attitudes don't win you games , or trophies ....... goals do!

And if you don't create enough chances you won't score any either!

Over to you Mr Mancini ......

It's got to be said that on half the occasions when you set out with a 'must not lose' attitude ..... that's exactly what happens ..... you DO lose!

Leaving aside the fact his tactics are/were wrong. At this rate Carlos will be absolutely knackered before October. What then ? run Balotelli into the ground ?

you are right goals win games, and if Tevez and Yaya had have put their chances away, We might have gone on to score more. If you look at the last 4 games how many chances have the opposition made?

Very little is the answer! This is with a right back who is still alot to learn. Wait till Boateng and Ballotelli are fit and you will see a more solid defence, meaning we can go with two strikers.

In Mancini we trust!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.