I'm not happy

Bilboblue said:
alera said:
Cant really be dropping points against sides like Wigan or Villa if we want to finish top 4.

Want Ancelottis number so you can tell him that?

Not to mention two other games just before these defeats where Chelski rescued points with last minute goals. It took a Drogba fluke in injury time for them to beat Hull at Stamford Bridge and there was another game where they snatched a very late winner.

And someone better remind the rags that they can't be losing to the likes of Burnley and drawing at home with the likes of Sunderland if they want to finish top four. Even Arsenal struggled to beat Birmingham at the Emirates last Saturday, by all accounts, and didn't look a top four side for large chunks of the game. As for Liverpool, four defeats out of eight says it all, really.

None of the top teams have been exactly consistent up to now and some of their defending has been no better than our own.

And now they're all off to knacker themselves in the latest Chimps League fixtures. Injuries please.

All up you cannot complain under the circumstances.

We are not playing near our best and have players carrying injuries and we are still picking up points away from home.

If we click especially in front of our home fans we will be hard to beat.

Pam said:
Bilboblue said:
Want Ancelottis number so you can tell him that?

Not to mention two other games just before these defeats where Chelski rescued points with last minute goals. It took a Drogba fluke in injury time for them to beat Hull at Stamford Bridge and there was another game where they snatched a very late winner.

And someone better remind the rags that they can't be losing to the likes of Burnley and drawing at home with the likes of Sunderland if they want to finish top four. Even Arsenal struggled to beat Birmingham at the Emirates last Saturday, by all accounts, and didn't look a top four side for large chunks of the game. As for Liverpool, four defeats out of eight says it all, really.

None of the top teams have been exactly consistent up to now and some of their defending has been no better than our own.

And now they're all off to knacker themselves in the latest Chimps League fixtures. Injuries please.

Put it quite well Pam, I am more than confident of a top four place this season after the first quarter.
You?

nimrod said:
the team wasnt motivated IMO, we will NEVER overtake the rags with that attitude, top 4 my arse

Kind of agree with this, I thought we went into yesterday's game a bit unfocused, as though we only needed to turn up.

Can see both sides of this. I was happy with the point yesterday given the circumstances, and I'm absolutely delighted with the season so far. But in a way I'm also happy that some people aren't happy with it. It shows we've come a long way and that people have that winning mentality robinho wanted. I find it a huge consolation that we've outdone Chelsea with our last 2 results, but you know Chelsea fans wouldn't be consoled if it was the other way round and they'd got 2 points and we'd got none. They have very high expectations and standards for their team, and while I don't want us to turn into a load of glory hunters who cry publicly when we draw a match I'm happy we're now of the standard where an away draw is something of a let-down and some of us express that in the privacy of our own board.

I remember feeling about this satisfied with away draws in div 2. Ha, and we came 3rd that year.

5th place with a game in hand.
Within 1 point of 4th place.
Within 2 points of 3rd place.
5 victories in 8 games and only 1 loss.

Not happy? We've never had it so good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.