C_T_I_D said:
5th place with a game in hand.
Within 1 point of 4th place.
Within 2 points of 3rd place.
5 victories in 8 games and only 1 loss.

Not happy? We've never had it so good!

and only played 3 games at home

happy days.

Well if you consider that Aston Villa and Everton managed 5th and 6th respectively and Aston Villa, if they didn't falter in the 2nd half of the season, could have made 4th place with an inferior squad to our own I think it is perfectly acceptable to aspire for a Champions League place personally.

C_T_I_D said:
Well if you consider that Aston Villa and Everton managed 5th and 6th respectively and Aston Villa, if they didn't falter in the 2nd half of the season, could have made 4th place with an inferior squad to our own I think it is perfectly acceptable to aspire for a Champions League place personally.

Especially with scouse there for the taking. We need to put spurs in their place and get it done. Having said that I'm content to just let MH and the players show what they've got and just see what they can achieve. Best. Season. Ever.*

*in my living memory. Perhaps.

With our current squad we go into every game looking for 3 points. However in respect of away games

Rags, Arse, Chelsea, Liverpool - 6 times out of 10 we will lose, draw a couple and win a couple maybe
The second section, and this is the most important to our season is teams where you look to win but sometimes a point is a very good point and I would include Wigan in that category along with Villa, Everton, Stoke, Spurs, Fulham and Sunderland this season.
The rest your disappointed if you don't get all 3.

I don't believe we have dropped any points that we would have expected not to under any circumstances with the only arguable one yesterday. All of the big four have - rags at burnley and sunderland, chelsea at wigan, liverpool several.

We are in very good shape - if we had won yesterday we would have had the best start in the league out of everyone i believe because of this.

alera said:
Cant really be dropping points against sides like Wigan if we want to finish top 4.

looks like chelsea are bolloxed then
and if you drop points at burnley then relegation beckons

Funny what money does to expectations.

Man City are perfectly fine and have done very well, with what I can see, a pretty decent run of games coming up. During the winter, it'll be interesting to see who drops the fewest points.

A draw away, at any ground really, is not a bad result - and at a ground at which Chelsea have lost, it's bloody good. It's certainly top 4 form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.