I'm not really here - Paul Lake

Pigeonho said:
I got it too. I also got Jamie Carraghers for my birthday in September 2008 and i've yet to finish it.
I'll do Lake's justice though, sounds too much of a good read to do it in fits and starts.

I started reading Carraghers book and gave up half way through, I couldnt get my head around a family of Evertonians cheering on Liverpool in a cup final and being photographed with a large Liverpool flag!

Im half way through Paul Lakes book and I agree its a quality read, also got Andy Morrison to go at when Ive finished it.

I've read Andy Morrisons and Paul Lakes book recently and are both very different personalities with one thing in common, their obvious pride and love for City and in particular the fans. These two may not have the wealth and trappings of Tevez, Barton etc, but what they have is real class and are rightly loved by any blue that had the pleasure to watch them.

Brilliant book by a great man. Bumped into him a couple of times and is the most down to earth player I've ever met.

Great book. Couldn't put it down, such memories came flooding back. Would've captained England I've no doubt. May I also suggest "A Life Too Short" about the German goalkeeper Robert Enke. Deeply moving read.

ludders said:
Great book. Couldn't put it down, such memories came flooding back. Would've captained England I've no doubt. May I also suggest "A Life Too Short" about the German goalkeeper Robert Enke. Deeply moving read.

i read these 2 books one after each other, both superb but would recommend a bit of a break between each as they are both a bit upsetting.

Just wondered whether anyone's opinion of a certain scotsman changed ever so slightly after reading the book?

cibaman said:
Just wondered whether anyone's opinion of a certain scotsman changed ever so slightly after reading the book?

Not for me, although I will give him credit for that one thing, one nice gesture does not make up for all the bile he's talked about our club

Loved this book!!! Read it when it first came out and made me laugh and cry in equal measure!! Couldn't put it down and read it within 2/3 days! Saw Lakey at the CItystore at the stadium near Christmas putting the merchandise out...... smiling away and having a good chat to the fans in there!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.