I'm not really here - Paul Lake

1 of a handful of books I have read in a day, good enough not to put down, gutted when the book finishes.

Just had to resurrect this thread. Have just finished the book and it is everything I had been told it would be. Funny, sad, courageous and, given that I was there as a young kid stood in the Kippax to see Paul's City career unfold and crumble, it also brought back flashes of my own childhood too.

Paul, I know you come on here occasionally, and that you also don't like the limelight. But you're gonna have to stand up and take the credit for this one. An incredible piece of work, highly personal but also extremely warm and encompassing.

As well as highlighting a side of the game, and of my club, that I have never seen or knew existed, the example you have set in terms of acknowledging and overcoming depression truly is a great thing.

As a City fan I kind of feel some sense of peace for you now - I know it's not my life to mull over, but City being City you know how we feel about our own. As a human being I feel nothing but happiness and hope for the example you have set, and your honestly throughout.

Bring on Paul Lake: The Movie!

I'm not much of a reader but finished this book a couple of weeks ago and there was a hole in my life after I finished it. Brilliant read and as my mum has just come out of four months of clinical depression there was a lot of reading that was close to my heart.

"A must read for all City fans" The Ledge
5/5

Packed and in my case away for the weekend cant wait to read it, just finishing Andy Morrisons book awesome!

Great shout.

CTID

prima

I got it for Christmas and read it on the bus to work, great read, treated shamefully by City and more than anything else shows how the game has moved on, mostly for the better. Generally left thinking what might have been and also wishing him all the best for the future.

Really enjoyed the beginning, but got bogged down and a bit depressing in the middle for me. I should have expected it really. Still a good read. I wish he'd described more what it felt like to score at Maine Rd though. Barely a mention of it really, just "banged in my first against --------..." etc.

Got Andy Morrison's on my Kindle, but strangely enough, the Goat's is unavailable (in America).

Bought it at Christmas but only managed to start reading it today.

I noticed in the first few pages it was signed "always a blue!" with his signature, I bought it from the citystore, did he sign them prior to putting them on sale?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.