Imagine you had to sign one ex city player, in his prime...

AustinBlue said:
In any era, the only player we've ever had that I felt was the best player on the pitch almost every game, was Colin Bell. If he gets his attitude together and ever gets to his prime, I think we may wish we had Balotelli in his prime.

This is 100% spot on for me.

No one's mentioned those "great Wingers" of yesteryear -
Colin Barlow and Ray Sambrook.............
Some of you will now be Googling!!!

Ali benarbia class act pity he was on the wrong side of 30 when we got him would have loved to see him in his 20s !!

bezer57 said:
Ali benarbia class act pity he was on the wrong side of 30 when we got him would have loved to see him in his 20s !!

Have to agree!! Loved watching this fella play!

AustinBlue said:
It's probably heretical to say on here, but I can't understand people wanting Kinkladze as the one City player or even putting him on a list of top ten City players. I didn't get to many games in that era, but in several I did attend, he didn't look bothered. Granted, he was getting kicked to bits, but I remember Colin Bell taking that kind of treatment and still turning games for us. Kinkladze had occasional, mouth watering brilliance with highlight reel stuff.. but I didn't see enough consistently to rate him any higher than Robinho.

And we had Kinky in his prime didnt we? Would he cut it nowadays in the Prem?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.