immigration yay or nay

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
blue jim said:
And what if they move to Scotland, Wales or NI? Hardly going to expect them to feel English then are we.

Well I live in England so I make no apology to you.
england is not another name for the UK. immigration affects the entire UK.

Furthermore if you moved to Germany would you try and feel more German? Would you fuck, so why expect it of other people?

nay

IMO multiculturalism doesnt work, it just leads to hatred and tensions, different religions always clash.

and no, Im not racsist

blue jim said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Furthermore if you moved to Germany would you try and feel more German? Would you fuck, so why expect it of other people?

I would say if anyone moves to Germany they should try and feel more German.
When in Nuremburg........................

Timperley_blue said:
The immigrants who have arrived since 1997 have provided over 7 times the amount in revenue (tax) than they have cost (in terms of education, health care, benefits) according to PriceWaterhouseCoopers review of UK immigration policy 2008.

Anecdotally, it appears to me that most immigrants are also happy and prepared to prop up our economy by doing the jobs that lazy, ill-educated 'native' wasters are not.

Also, I am yet to meet a Polish / Latvian / wherever girl who hasn't turned me on by simply looking at me and saying "Hello Sir, may I help you?" in an Eastern European accent.

I say - The more the merrier!

The Latvian girls have nicer arses.

blue jim said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Well I can't speak for BB2.0 but I've emigrated and do I try and 'feel' more Bolivian, well no as that's just not possible. What I do try and do is fit in to the best of my abilities, that means learning the language, obeying the laws, treating the indigenous population with respect (whether they are beggars or bank managers) I read about their history and learned about their hero's, I learned about their politics and religion, the hardest part is understanding their mentality which is completely different to a British one. I also learned their card games so I can play cards with the locals. All this allows me to 'fit' in.

the rich love us when it's boom when it's bust you want us to fuck off

whereas we want you to fuck off all the time (while we doff our caps of course)

smudgedj said:
blue jim said:

Well I can't speak for BB2.0 but I've emigrated and do I try and 'feel' more Bolivian, well no as that's just not possible. What I do try and do is fit in to the best of my abilities, that means learning the language, obeying the laws, treating the indigenous population with respect (whether they are beggars or bank managers) I read about their history and learned about their hero's, I learned about their politics and religion, the hardest part is understanding their mentality which is completely different to a British one. I also learned their card games so I can play cards with the locals. All this allows me to 'fit' in.

I have tried to feel more American....I've put on 15 stone in 3 years ;P

In terms of asylum-based immigration, my mum is a solicitor in this field. You really do hear some shocking stories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.