Implication of 25 squad rule is going to be weird...

Ludicrous rule, designed only to limit the ambition of the top 5 or 6 clubs.

But once it settles down and the powers-that-be see that it in fact is doing more harm than good to the promotion of good young players, I think they may look at it again.

If every signing means a sale, then all this will do is inflate the market for English players.... and I thought the authorities wanted to stop that?

I actually think its a better system than the current one. Everyone is saying how a player will be discarded at 21 under the new rule. Well good. I'd rather see a 21 year old with potential loaned out to get experience rather than being kept in a huge squad and not getting a sniff. This system means that decent young english players get more of a chance of playing first team football & developing which means its good for the national teams future, good for lower leagues & the top teams still get to keep the very best talent.

Citizen_Blue said:
I actually think its a better system than the current one. Everyone is saying how a player will be discarded at 21 under the new rule. Well good. I'd rather see a 21 year old with potential loaned out to get experience rather than being kept in a huge squad and not getting a sniff. This system means that decent young english players get more of a chance of playing first team football & developing which means its good for the national teams future, good for lower leagues & the top teams still get to keep the very best talent.

Yeah, but clubs could always do that. They didn't need a rule change to see that happening.

Clubs have always loaned players out... so why a rule change to enforce it?

And if, at 21, a player is loaned out to some lower division club, how is that going to help him get a permanent contract at a top club? Top clubs will simply release those at 21 who are not going to make the squad, and that can't be a good thing surely?

Does the squad have to be announced before the first game of the season or before the transfer window closes?

avoidconfusion said:
Does the squad have to be announced before the first game of the season or before the transfer window closes?
squirtyflower said:
can you alter your 25 during the january transfer window?
you can alter your squad during transfer windows

also can't see how it will help the football league as if you loan out one of your 25 he can't be replaced!

squirtyflower said:
avoidconfusion said:
squirtyflower said:
can you alter your 25 during the january transfer window?
you can alter your squad during transfer windows

also can't see how it will help the football league as if you loan out one of your 25 he can't be replaced!

Ok but when does the squad for until January have to be announced? Before the 14th of August or before the 1st of September?

this is gonna sound really stupid but are they gonna implement this rule on fifa??? ya know in manager mode n that :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.