impressed with Spurs turnout today

183sash said:
you would say teams like Spurs and say Everton are roughly the same size clubs as us,they both seem to take impressive away followings - do they do anything different to us - i couldnt see us take as many as spurs took today , to a match in London thats on telly.

My spurs mate went to the match ticket cost £15 good price that

Halfpenny said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
apart from the rags, liverpool and blackburn, every away game this season hasn't sold out. Spurs and Everton sell out every away game weeks in advance.
Not true. I know Wigan and Bolton definitely did, and Chelsea has.

Wigan and Bolton yeah, we did sorry. But Chelsea away has sold out because we have only taken an allocation of 1,500 rather than 3,000

Halfpenny said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
apart from the rags, liverpool and blackburn, every away game this season hasn't sold out. Spurs and Everton sell out every away game weeks in advance.
Not true. I know Wigan and Bolton definitely did, and Chelsea has.

Yep and villa.

doesnt help that most clubs charge us top dollar just because we are the 'millionaires'.

however, you think after selling out regularly when we were down with the dead men, we would be now we are "better"

money does, however, seem to be an issue for a lot of fans going by what is posted on here….

There is also the issue of Spurs fans being on London money. Believe me it makes a hell of a difference to how you perceive £40 here or there.

Immaculate Pasta said:
RACHACE said:
In regards history you are probably right, however in regards fan base we are all of similar size. Though you would not think that from the turnout for yesterdays game, a very poor effort from blues

Everton fans are shit, they sit down at away games, even their own fans hate their away support.

Immaculate Pasta said:
183sash said:
you would say teams like Spurs and say Everton are roughly the same size clubs as us,they both seem to take impressive away followings - do they do anything different to us - i couldnt see us take as many as spurs took today , to a match in London thats on telly.

They are both bigger clubs than us.
Spurs arguably might be bigger but I'm not sure what you're basing Everton as being bigger on.They have certainly got a better away support but thats probably down to the fact that they have more supporters around the country than we have,due to their success in the 80's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.