In Game Thread: Supersport United v Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jumanji said:
Sparkys-Army said:
South African teams are very good at quick counter attacking football so will be interesting.
Right you were. Must say I was pleasantly surprised.

Watched a few games in SA recently, and every team plays in a high tempo philosophy. Some fantastic matches, although as seen today, I don't recall seeing a decent goalkeeper. It will interesting to see if any more get scouted over to some Premier/championship clubs.

Decent 45 there plenty of running to be fair onwards and upwards with the fitness

Matty said:
Unfortunately Suarez is suffering from the same issue he's always struggled with today, a total lack of strength that sees him far to easily knocked off the ball. I'd hoped he'd of bulked out a bit by now, it's a real issue as it doesn't matter how skilful you are if you're incapable of handling the physical side of the game.

Don't agree at all. He does not need to become any more physical than he is now. All he needs is more game time to improve his confidence. He has a lot of technical ability and he is only 20 now. Of course he can put on a bit more muscle mass as long as it does not affect his strengths.

cityfan41 said:
Why are all the City players ignoring Fernandinho?. I don't think anyone's
passed the ball to him all this half.

Not surprising. He is the only player on the field the players have had nearly no contact with so they don't quite know how to predict his movement or ideas just yet.

It'll come in time.

I think Kompany is back to the level of the title winning season. Micah bursts are back, If nasri continues he could win the title of best comeback player, Suarez has talent needs to work on physique and sharpness, Fernadinho was tidy, Hart is Hart.

On the other hand, boy Dzeko. Don't know what to add there, I'll give him a pass since it's early days. Kolarov needs to step it up and Razak just isn't a Manchester City level player. We should sell him for the benefit of his career.

thenabster said:
I think Kompany is back to the level of the title winning season. Micah bursts are back, If nasri continues he could win the title of best comeback player, Suarez has talent needs to work on physique and sharpness, Fernadinho was tidy, Hart is Hart.

On the other hand, boy Dzeko. Don't know what to add there, I'll give him a pass since it's early days. Kolarov needs to step it up and Razak just isn't a Manchester City level player. We should sell him for the benefit of his career.

I agree with everything except Razak.

I think he has looked fairly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.