In-swinging corner kicks more dangerous?

DruntBlunt

As the title says - I can't shake the notion that in-swinging corners far more often lead to dangerous situations, and ultimately goals. I haven't checked to see if there are any statistics to support this, but I guess if there were all corners would have been taken this way. Still, for me it seems seems getting the ball closer to the goal, and with the direction the curve gives if deflected, the potential for a goal chance seems much bigger than if the the ball is swung outwards around the perimeter of the penalty-box. An in-swinging ball just needs a small nudge close to the goal, while an out-swinging needs to be met much more precisely by the attacker to become dangerous. Anyone knowledgable about this?

And, also I think we need to pay much more attention to our set-play situations, both defensively and especially in attacking situations. Lots of wasted opportunities this season IMO. Less fashion-shows and Playstation competitions and more time on the training field, and we'd have nailed the title this season too.

also the quality of the corner, needs to be whipped in with pace a la rvp and not chipped in 25 ft in the air or not beating the first man

Its the same with free kicks near the box. Unfortunately we don't seem to want to send the ball in directly enough this season and create a chance.

Last season, City's Analysis team told Bobby that in-swingers are more dangerous, which is why there was eventually a change in City's corner taking. This season, we have reverted to using out-swingers more often than I would have expected.

we do in swinging corners now.

silva takes south stand 121 corner and jimmy milner from 111 kippax corner.

silvas have improved greatly recently as well! vs chelsea we could/should have had 3 goals from them.

Carver said:
haydockboy said:
also the quality of the corner, needs to be whipped in with pace a la rvp and not chipped in 25 ft in the air or not beating the first man

This is our biggest issue.

And the most frustrating thing. If i was Vinny & Nastasic/Lescott, coming up for corners and time and time again it's cleared by the first man, i'd be fuming! Surely we are capable of taking a quickly whipped in corner, it's baffling...

We mix it up, I agree though in swinging is more dangerous however you could say out swinging gives Garcia, Lescott, Nastasic, Komps etc more of a run on the defender to generate power.

Carver said:
haydockboy said:

This is our biggest issue.

Drive's me mad.

However, Mata did the same thing for Chelsea on Sunday so at least it's not just our top quality players that are useless at corners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.