In The Last 20 Years.........

Another amazing stat is that every single team that has won the league has scored more goals and accumulated more points than anybody else in the league.
-Stefano penkino, the amazing man, 2014.
That stat is wrong,in 1950 in the old 1st division Portsmouth won the league but did not finish with more points than 2nd place Wolves,also they only scored 74 goals Wolves scored 76. -xgorton,tremendous knowledge,2015.

That stat is wrong,in 1950 in the old 1st division Portsmouth won the league but did not finish with more points than 2nd place Wolves,also they only scored 74 goals Wolves scored 76. -xgorton,tremendous knowledge,2015.

I think it was a joke, as everyone would probably remember city outscoring Chelsea by some distance last season.

So what you are saying is that to lose by 3 goal margins in the space of 7 games to 2 sides who are not likely to be title challengers has no bearing on our capability to be a title winning team ourselves?

You are also saying that 20 years evidence that title winning teams rarely experience that type of crushing defeat has no message in it?

I saying that 'football stats' are more often than not compiled simply to 'proove' the conclusion AFTER the conclusion is made, rather than working on the basis of what these stats actually tell us. Football stats can be manipulated more than most statistics to tell us anything. I wouldn't deposit any faith in football stats as far as I can kick The Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.