In what way were we negative yesterday?

Mancio said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
Yet if they win today they are ahead by 6 points. They've also scored 9 goals more than us and have played a game less. They have let in one more goal though. So defending and attacking can work if the balance is right.

they are a team , not a work in progress

How much longer is this work in progress going to take its already been 3+years.
Im not a Mancini out but i do actually want to enjoy watching City and its not happening to the point where,and i know i'll be slated for this,i was more interested in how Cardiff were doing y'day than City as it was clear we just wernt going to go for it again.

The problem yesterday was that we were missing a fit/sharp Carlos Tevez.

We weren't negative tactically. Who on here thought we were being negative when they saw the team sheet...? No one. But 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it?

We KNOW that without Carlos firing on all cylinders we struggle to score goals. This isn't new. Adebayor wasn't available so the only other strikers available were RSC and Jo. Please don't blame Mancini for them.

Birmingham came for the draw and they got it against a tired looking forward line. We were completely solid once again and apart from the spurs game haven't been out-played yet. Not even close.

Had a look at the Guardian chalkboards to see how many shots etc and they say:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/5v1S4kiG53v5Bcq03288" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chal ... v5Bcq03288</a>

24 in total
6 on target
9 off target
9 blocked

and I'm guessing Tevez's "handball" isn't included.

Our delivery from the wings and corners is poor atm and it's costing us. We need to improve in this area and one thing that worries me is that we don't really seem to be practicing or have any real plan for corners and free kicks. Not one that's working anyway. It's not like we don't have any height in the box... And with Kolarov and Balotelli this should improve but I'm stunned that anyone thinks that the wheels have completely come off. They haven't.

But at least the issue isn't that we're shipping goals or giving up lots of chances to the opposition. THAT's what winning teams are built on. Fact.

We were never going to win the league this season and anyone who thinks we were actually going to do it is deluded in the extreme. Therefore if we aren't a PL winning team yet, then there will be some issues along the way. It's natural. It doesn't fit in with the hopes and wishes of all the spoilt brats that we suddenly have "supporting" us but that's life. NB That isn't a dig at newbie posters on here or newer fans because the surprising thing is that it's some of the old-timers who apparently yearn for the days of Dickov and Morrison who are once again the loudest critics. WTF? Get down to Gigg Lane if you want that sort of up-and-at-em fare.

We are still waiting for Boateng, Kolarov and Balotelli to have any real impact on our season but they haven't got a dozen games between them yet and the difference they are going to make is significant... We obviously want them to be up to speed and helping us win games like this but again they're not, so we're just going to have to be patient. Sorry I know that's a foreign concept to the bleaters and wailers section but it's another fact.

The reaction on here and especially yesterday (by a sizeable number) is frankly ludicrous. If only it was a surprise!

I'm not happy about yesterday's result. Not at all. But I'm not about to boo the team or manager because I can see that we're in a good position in the hardest league in the world. With the potential to get a lot better. Fact.

Anyone who doesn't see that needs to give their head an enormous wobble. Teams aren't going to roll over just because we wants them to. I wonder where we're getting this "arrogant" tag from..? Anyone?

I also see that the rags are more than happy to be outplayed by an average Villa team but because they stole a point it confirms once again how good they are.(?) Funny how the spin from the media and their fans is different to ours eh?

Time to circle the wagons and stand our ground and start doing it together. Another seemingly foreign concept to some.

Come on City. Forza Mancini.

Me and others are going to stand in your corner. Fuck anyone who says any different.

Tick-Tock.

CTID

jeffmr2 said:
Mancio said:
they are a team , not a work in progress

How much longer is this work in progress going to take its already been 3+years.
Im not a Mancini out but i do actually want to enjoy watching City and its not happening to the point where,and i know i'll be slated for this,i was more interested in how Cardiff were doing y'day than City as it was clear we just wernt going to go for it again.

3 years?

Mancini has been in charge since last December, and has had one (heavily disrupted) pre-season to build and work with his team.

It's going to take a long time - we will not be finished next season either. Why would you be impatient? I don't understand. Be happy we are 4th from top, not 4th from bottom.

It's not so long since we were in the third tier of English football.

Bottom line: Bobby STILL hasn't had the chance to play his preferred XI this season and he doesn't have the depth in the squad to play his preferred formation unless those XI are healthy. Hopefully we will finally see his vision vs. Stoke.

In January hopefully the depth will start to be remedied (Dzeko and Patore would help), though it will be another year before he has a starting squad and bench players that can play his system regardless of who is injured or suspended.

Patience.

Barry on for Tévez was a huge risk, if anything it was too positive...

And RSC! Well he sparked influence into all didn't he! He set the game alight with his sublime skills!

Then when Zaba came on for Kolarov, well I just had to take my hat off to this mastermind, I mean, when were lacking pace, bringing Zaba on for the slow cumbersome Kolarov was pure genius. What else could he have done? Braught Jö on and put Barry at left back? No, that wouldn't work, maybe even left Kolarov on? Hmmm, on second thaughts Zaba is much better going forward, Zaba has a better cross, shot, and he's a lot quicker.

Well done Roberto!

Forza Mancini!

keemcfc said:
Barry on for Tévez was a huge risk, if anything it was too positive...

And RSC! Well he sparked influence into all didn't he! He set the game alight with his sublime skills!

Then when Zaba came on for Kolarov, well I just had to take my hat off to this mastermind, I mean, when were lacking pace, bringing Zaba on for the slow cumbersome Kolarov was pure genius. What else could he have done? Braught Jö on and put Barry at left back? No, that wouldn't work, maybe even left Kolarov on? Hmmm, on second thaughts Zaba is much better going forward, Zaba has a better cross, shot, and he's a lot quicker.

Well done Roberto!

Forza Mancini!
Kolarov hasn't completed 90 mins yet

Sabster said:
Can someone please explain this to me - we weren't negative in any way.

the biggest indication was not the tevez/ barry thing, it was at the very end of the first half, time added on was 1 minute(god knows how with the timewasting) we had a throw in on the right hand touch line half way in to their half, boatang throws it short and gets it back, does he launch it into the box? no, he plays it backwards to vinnie in our own half.
that is a mentality drilled in to him.

end of game, end of this thread.

attacking adjustment

what RM is getting wrong is Tevez up front. I know he can score goals, he can still score them just behind the striker.

our crossing is poor and even accurate crossing isn't gong to be headed in by our short forwards.

Wenger got it right. Chamakh is a horrific footballer, almost no talent on the ball compared to Tevez but he has the ability to head the ball in and hold it up and distribute.

Balotelli or Adebayor should be the teams up front striker. In behind should be Tevez. Silva should be off to the left where he plays for Spain.

leewill31 said:
Sabster said:
Can someone please explain this to me - we weren't negative in any way.

we did not score a goal so its certainly not a positive is it?

This is what's wrong with a lot of the football discussion in here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.