In what way were we negative yesterday?

Tempo. Thats the only way we were negative.

We pretty much controlled the game from start to finish, but top teams know when to dial it up at the right times (rags @ 2-0 down yesterday) and when to slow it down at the right times. Unfortunately, we are stuck in one gear at the moment, seemingly unable to turn up the tempo from this almost pedestrian pace and its admittedly frustrating as fuck.

I understand what Bobby is doing, and in some regards it is working wonders as we have the second best defence in the entire league (highlighted to show that the fella is actually doing some good where it was needed ;), but its the other end of the pitch that we are struggling. Its times like yesterday that I miss our ability to move from one end of the pitch to the other in seconds, really putting teams under pressure.

The shame of it all is, if we did turn it up a notch from time to time, we would overrun teams like Brum. Its amazing the difference a little bit of effort would make to many, if we turned up the tempo a notch or two periodically, there wouldnt be half as much bleating as there is on here as us blues 'love to see attacking football'. Its all in the perception, slow = negative, but the stats tell you we were far from it.

The thing Mancini is going to have to learn is that the Prem isn't going to bend to his will, the Italian way isnt going to win a league full of kick and rush teams, Ancellotti has had to adapt his managerial style to suit the league and he has done it admirably. Bob is going to have to do the same before its too late for him.

Gelsons Dad said:
christen at St Marks said:
I just don't understand how people can tolerate this shit Italian football in a sky blue shirt we must be the most unattractive team in the premier outside scouseland and maybe even including them
You're basing your opinion on the result. There is no way anyone who watched the game yesterday can say we were negative. The only negatives were the result and that was a draw and the booing fans who are not fans but ignorant brats. We dominated the play. Made loads of chances. I saw the best left back display in a city shirt for years. The defence was solid and we got another clean sheet. If we had scored in the first half this board would have been full of threads about how strong we are. As it is we were unable to finish any of the 20 chances we had. Some of which were easy. The idea that we should change the manager is fucking ludicrous and the usual suspects on here need to start thinking about what it means to support a club rather than continue on their anti Mancini vendettas.

Great post, most of it anyway. Be careful not to generalise - not everyone criticising the recent performances has an 'anti Mancini vendetta'. Nevertheless, you are correct in saying that thinking of a change of manager is ludicrous, and that the performance yesterday wasn't half as bad as you would expect if you only read this forum.

I'm confident Mancini is the right man for the job.

TFC said:
Tempo. Thats the only way we were negative.

We pretty much controlled the game from start to finish, but top teams know when to dial it up at the right times (rags @ 2-0 down yesterday) and when to slow it down at the right times. Unfortunately, we are stuck in one gear at the moment, seemingly unable to turn up the tempo from this almost pedestrian pace and its admittedly frustrating as fuck.

I understand what Bobby is doing, and in some regards it is working wonders as we have the second best defence in the entire league (highlighted to show that the fella is actually doing some good where it was needed ;), but its the other end of the pitch that we are struggling. Its times like yesterday that I miss our ability to move from one end of the pitch to the other in seconds, really putting teams under pressure.

The shame of it all is, if we did turn it up a notch from time to time, we would overrun teams like Brum. Its amazing the difference a little bit of effort would make to many, if we turned up the tempo a notch or two periodically, there wouldnt be half as much bleating as there is on here as us blues 'love to see attacking football'. Its all in the perception, slow = negative, but the stats tell you we were far from it.

The thing Mancini is going to have to learn is that the Prem isn't going to bend to his will, the Italian way isnt going to win a league full of kick and rush teams, Ancellotti has had to adapt his managerial style to suit the league and he has done it admirably. Bob is going to have to do the same before its too late for him.

third game in 6 days.

tempo and effort , and sharpness , all that may just come from steroids . would you like it ?

lacked pace & tempo we have the ball ready to attack and noone overlaps + tevez plays well too deep so nobody is upfront.

Gelsons Dad said:
christen at St Marks said:
I just don't understand how people can tolerate this shit Italian football in a sky blue shirt we must be the most unattractive team in the premier outside scouseland and maybe even including them
You're basing your opinion on the result. There is no way anyone who watched the game yesterday can say we were negative. The only negatives were the result and that was a draw and the booing fans who are not fans but ignorant brats. We dominated the play. Made loads of chances. I saw the best left back display in a city shirt for years. The defence was solid and we got another clean sheet. If we had scored in the first half this board would have been full of threads about how strong we are. As it is we were unable to finish any of the 20 chances we had. Some of which were easy. The idea that we should change the manager is fucking ludicrous and the usual suspects on here need to start thinking about what it means to support a club rather than continue on their anti Mancini vendettas.

People are allowed to have an opinion or if it doesn't match with yours they have to be quiet is that it ????

mancitytmd said:
Gelsons Dad said:

People are allowed to have an opinion or if it doesn't match with yours they have to be quiet is that it ????

Of course people are allowed opinions, but anyone can see that most of the negative posters here simply have an agenda against City's progress and/or Mancini.

Prestwich_Blue said:
CTID Chris said:
Of course people are allowed opinions, but anyone can see that most of the negative posters here simply have an agenda against City's progress and/or Mancini.
So anyone can have an opinion but if it doesn't agree with yours then it's an agenda. I think I've got that.

No, if someones opinion matches yours, then it is an agenda.

Tempo and sheer effort are the 2 words that have been used here but what suggests to me that we are too negative was the commentator saying that there is no way Birmingham can break away because City always have 6 or 7 men behind the ball even when attacking.

No doubt an exageration but a telling comment nonetheless and from a City fan too.

We did create chances, but there were times we had 6 players back when we were breaking. If we were playing a team who had ambition I would back that every time, but against Birmingham it was pointless. I agree with the poster who said the players need to take some responsibility - they should have finished Birmingham off. Tevez was fucking awful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.