In your opinion, what is the problem with Robinho?

dick slexia said:
He is a mercenary, 160k a week and he wants to be loved!!!! I was at everton, he ran onto the pitch and he ran off the pitch nothing in between. I like my city players to have come from th Mike Doyle school of commitment. Thats two words you wont see together in the same sentece very often
Robinho and commitment..

Lets get a team of Vass's and basque in thier workrate, if not thier ability to do anything but run. A lot.

First and foremost, he isn't fit and hasn't been all season..barring the first couple.

tactically speaking, It's the fact that we don't dominate the midfield away from home. All our attackers suffer from it, only Bellamy and Tevez can mask over this fact by running around a lot.

At home, we win the midfield battle the majority of the time because the opposition's mentality is different. This means our attackers are further upfield and the majority of Robbie's touches are around the penalty area. Away from home, he touches the ball just as much but he's on the halfway line and his tricks and feints are useless there...as the area is too crowded and the centre of midfield is too powerful for a guy like Robbie. IF we had midfielders who dominated the game, it would allow our attackers to play further forward without worrying about being too far from the centre of midfield. In turn this would allow Robinho to play to his own strengths and it would allow him time on the ball around the opponents penalty area. It's quite simple.

But anyway fuck all this logical debate. I'm off to have a wank over the fact De Jong clatters people and Bellamy doesn't stop running. Then i'm going to play Football Manager and scout the next boo-boy. Ageuro most probably...apparently the kids a bit special.

ono said:
First and foremost, he isn't fit and hasn't been all season..barring the first couple.

tactically speaking, It's the fact that we don't dominate the midfield away from home. All our attackers suffer from it, only Bellamy and Tevez can mask over this fact by running around a lot.

At home, we win the midfield battle the majority of the time because the opposition's mentality is different. This means our attackers are further upfield and the majority of Robbie's touches are around the penalty area. Away from home, he touches the ball just as much but he's on the halfway line and his tricks and feints are useless there...as the area is too crowded and the centre of midfield is too powerful for a guy like Robbie. IF we had midfielders who dominated the game, it would allow our attackers to play further forward without worrying about being too far from the centre of midfield. In turn this would allow Robinho to play to his own strengths and it would allow him time on the ball around the opponents penalty area. It's quite simple.

But anyway fuck all this logical debate. I'm off to have a wank over the fact De Jong clatters people and Bellamy doesn't stop running. Then i'm going to play Football Manager and scout the next boo-boy. Ageuro most probably...apparently the kids a bit special.

Seems to be carrying quite a bit more weight than last season but is doing bugger all about it as far as anyone can tell. Which is all a bit of a piss take.

Pam said:
ono said:

Seems to be carrying quite a bit more weight than last season but is doing bugger all about it as far as anyone can tell. Which is all a bit of a piss take.
How do you know he's doing bugger all about it? He looks lighter than he did when he returned from injury.

GStar said:
Never seen any form of arrogance with Robinho, so the "better than he thinks he his line" makes no sense what so ever, imo.

I never realised so many people were so close to the players at our club and knew them so well, his head is elsewhere?

Yep, sure... if the club thought he was that bad he'd have been allowed to go to Barca when they publically tapped him up.

And if the club thought he was that good, they'd be playing him. As for Barca, we don't know how serious they were about wanting him, particularly given the wages he is on here and whether they'd be willing to match that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.